Breaking Bad: can I skip the scenes w Skylar White, yo?

Lol I'd argue there is not a single likeable person on the entire show.

Except for maybe Todd / Neo Nazis / Declan - loved these guys

LOL kind of agree since almost everyone on the show is a selfish asshole much like on Seinfeld. At least the neo-nazis are upfront and unapologetic about it. I thought Uncle Jack was like a darker version of Mike. Willing to torture, kill and commit other crimes but still lives by some twisted code of honor. So much so that he can't abide by the dude he's about to murder accusing him of going back on his word. Puffing a cigarette as he's about to die was pretty badass.

3-FQr6.gif

Last edited:
Walt is not this selfless angel. WTH.

He killed the hot girl Jesse was dating too though.

He also started Jesse's descent into mental instability because he made him kill the other chemist.

She had it coming. She tried to blackmail a drug dealer for a lot of money.

Jesse had no choice, they’re both dead if he didn’t come through on that. Which by the way was Jesse’s doing. Walt was the one who stuck his neck out for loyalty to Jesse.

Don’t know how to do spoiler I post from my phone but my replies here are vague enough I suppose.

S3 E11

Jesus fuck. 40 plus fucking minutes of Walt trying to kill a fucking fly.
(I think that was s3e10)
Miss me with that somehow being a goddamn metaphor.

Skylar is getting more interesting in late S3.

I get the impression there is a hospital handy coming up based on comments.

What the fuck is it with this show and weird handjobs?
Yeah the fly episode is absolutely the worst one. I hated that one. It gets back to normal after though.

Also, you should stay out of this thread until you finish the series. You're going to end up seeing spoilers that are a lot bigger than a hospital hand job.

Yeah the fly episode is absolutely the worst one. I hated that one. It gets back to normal after though.

Also, you should stay out of this thread until you finish the series. You're going to end up seeing spoilers that are a lot bigger than a hospital hand job.
Well thank the good lord, no one spoiled the 42 times Hank and Marie have argued about whether they are rocks or minerals.

The whole experience would have been ruined for me.

They are minerals.

Just watch the show in its entirety then form your own opinions on any hated characters..

...or potentially miss something because dudes on the internet...

Your call

Last edited:
Well thank the good lord, no one spoiled the 42 times Hank and Marie have argued about whether they are rocks or minerals.

The whole experience would have been ruined for me.

They are minerals.
rocks are made out of minerals

I am watching Breaking Bad.
I have never seen it all the way thru.

I'm at season 3 ep 7, having watched several episodes this last week.

Previously I stopped watching and I think it was because Skylar just annoys the ever loving shit out of me.

Will I miss out on anything of extreme importance if I just FF thru her scenes?

I get that her character is supposed to be irritating and affect pressure onto Walt. Cool. I get it.
If there is Some stress affecting Walt, that might be part of it. I think I can piece that together on the occasions it comes up. I doubt this ruins the experience for me.
_______

Anyway, without spoilers for S3-5...
Is there any major reason why I should not just skip that annoying shit, save myself a few hours over the course of the series?

Barring some extremely compelling post here, I think that will be my move.

She does anal in one scene.. but I can’t remember which season so you’ll just have to watch every scene to find out..

Skyler is the reason Walt used to be a teacher instead of being a rich entrapreneur.

Don't trust who tell that she's an important character: she isn't, she puts more pressure on the viewer than on Walt and overall it's a badly written character, a bit hypocrite and full of flaws that none in the show ever acknowledges.

Skyler is the reason Walt used to be a teacher instead of being a rich entrapreneur.

Don't trust who tell that she's an important character: she isn't, she puts more pressure on the viewer than on Walt and overall it's a badly written character, a bit hypocrite and full of flaws that none in the show ever acknowledges.
The show does acknowledge it. When they had a family meeting regarding his cancer, Skylar and Walter Jr completely emasculated him (which he had allowed). Hank was the one who insisted they let Walt speak for himself.

It’s implied he allowed himself to be walked all over for his entire life. By his car wash boss too

Yeah. I agree. It feels like people are biased and have clouded views and rose tinted memories and seem defensive when it comes to honest criticism of the show.

It is a tremendous show, I am enjoying it and I have enjoyed what I have seen of Better Call Saul.

Generally speaking, the shows do a great job of creating pressure for the protagonists and placing the characters into challenging circumstances which somewhat encourage/reward morally questionable decision making.

The writing for female characters is WEAK. This is not that uncommon and certainly not the only show with that issue.

Skylar is getting better later in the series, I am now on Season 4 and at least she is taking an active role in decision making and doing more than her "Captain Obvious" role in the first 25 or so episodes.

Marie is a terrible character. The writing for her is trash. shoplifting, lying, stating the obvious, arguing constantly with Hank, it is repetitive and serves very very little to drive the story anywhere interesting.

The writers seem to view the females on the show as merely tools to manipulate the male characters, thru fairly dull, predictable bickering and domestic issues. A lot of people seem very defensive of this as a primary factor to explain Walts actions but I am not that impressed, particularly when you see the much more layered nuanced approach to the male characters and their character development. Also most of the motivation that Skylar provides is completely self evident, so you already know Walt is motivated by providing for his wife/kids, thus much of her characters "purpose" is readily apparent to the point that by the time she comes out and says things the viewer already knows.

LOL kind of agree since almost everyone on the show is a selfish asshole much like on Seinfeld. At least the neo-nazis are upfront and unapologetic about it. I thought Uncle Jack was like a darker version of Mike. Willing to torture, kill and commit other crimes but still lives by some twisted code of honor. So much so that he can't abide by the dude he's about to murder accusing him of going back on his word. Puffing a cigarette as he's about to die was pretty badass.

3-FQr6.gif

Agreed my man! Excellent perspective {<redford}

Now I gotta rewatch this entire universe again.

Thanks TS
200w.gif

The show does acknowledge it. When they had a family meeting regarding his cancer, Skylar and Walter Jr completely emasculated him (which he had allowed). Hank was the one who insisted they let Walt speak for himself.

It’s implied he allowed himself to be walked all over for his entire life. By his car wash boss too
Pretty much. Also a bit of a side commentary on a monster needing to be caged. I just made that up, but it works, LOL.

I've never understood the extreme hate. Her character is written well and she plays it well. Not much wasted material with her, unlike Marie and the whole clepto thing that was shoehorned into the show for reasons unknown.

I get that she's a bit of a bitchy domineering wife with flaws of her own that make her look like a complete hypocrite at times, but that's her character and she fully embraces the role and plays it well. I mean, she's not Chandler Riggs from TWD or anything. I could understand skipping his cringe inducing presence.

I think the clepto thing was to show that Hank was also a hypocrite - He could defend his wife who is a serial thief, but wont do the same for his drug dealer brother in law.

I think the entire point of the show is to prove that every single person has their own faults, no one is perfect - and everyone has a reason to justify their shitty behaviour.

Right down to Ted Beneke,
Who had every opportunity to pay his debts but opted for a sweet ride. Lmao!

Back