Television Breaking Bad

Breaking bad is supposed to be the GOAT tv show, but I don't know if I agree. I mean it's a very, very good watch but I much much prefer Better Call Saul, for example.

For starters the "bad guys" are too "caricatured" (if that's even the word) but it's possible that they did it on purpose...there are many things that I don't like that much about Breaking Bad. When I watched it the first time, I didn't find it that "groundbreaking", so I rewatched the entire series and I still didn't change my mind.
Try watching "Ozark". It's fantastic and, in my view, a little more "realistic" than Breaking Bad (but yes I do very much like Breaking Bad too).

Give Ozark a go, from the start of Season 1.

Try watching "Ozark". It's fantastic and, in my view, a little more "realistic" than Breaking Bad (but yes I do very much like Breaking Bad too).

I’ll try, thanks for the heads up.

I ways always curious how new watchers that have never seen either show would approach watching them. Better Call Saul could be watched without spoiling any of Breaking Bad if you somehow skipped the black and white cold openings and a chunk final season. It would be cool if someone made an edit or ability to skip the 'current time' parts of Better Call Saul so that you could watch it prior to Breaking Bad without any spoilers.
meh, idk if i even ever plan on watching Breaking Bad. i decided to watch Better Call Saul because i’m a Bob Odenkirk fan, not because i had intentions to then watch Breaking Bad

Compared to BCS abomination of an ending it was amazing.

At the end of the day ending things is hard.

My issue with BCS is that it drags out way too long. That show should have been 3 seasons and a wrap.. it’s a really good show tho

I have 3 complaints about breaking bad, but other than those, the show is damn near perfect.

Without spoiling, I'll just say

1. The fly episode. You'll know when you get there.

2. The finale of season 2

3. The "machine" used in the series finale

Those are pretty minor complaints though. People are annoyed by Skylar and the kid but they didn't bother me.

I've heard good things but it something about it just didn't catch my interest. I'll give it a shot.
I'm like you. I avoided it because it just didn't look interesting. But I finally gave it a shot and really enjoyed it. It's probably in my top 5 favorite shows now.

I have 3 complaints about breaking bad, but other than those, the show is damn near perfect.

Those are pretty minor complaints though. People are annoyed by Skylar and the kid but they didn't bother me.
I understand why the fly episode gets hate as it breaks up the momentum of the story, but it does really give a lot of insight into Walt’s mindset. He was willing to halt production of a multi million dollar operation due to a potential imperfection that really wouldn’t have affected the quality of the product at all. Never mind the consumers of this product really wouldn’t notice. It’s all about Walt’s ego.

If you are referring to the device in the trunk, Mythbusters actually tested this and pretty much duplicated the results.

BCS makes the fly episode one of the best in the series retroactively.

Ozark is in now way more "realistic" . Both are absurd but a lot of fun. With Ozark its great quality until an absolute shit last season destronying everything they built up the first seasons. That makes it imo much inferior despite hainv a lot of episodes I like more than BB.

I understand why the fly episode gets hate as it breaks up the momentum of the story, but it does really give a lot of insight into Walt’s mindset. He was willing to halt production of a multi million dollar operation due to a potential imperfection that really wouldn’t have affected the quality of the product at all. Never mind the consumers of this product really wouldn’t notice. It’s all about Walt’s ego.
I get that, but they could've illustrated that point with a scene or two of him chasing this fly. Didn't need an entire episode.

If you are referring to the device in the trunk, Mythbusters actually tested this and pretty much duplicated the results.
I just think it has a high chance of failure. What if the dudes aren't standing in the right spot?

What if the wall was lined with shelves full of boxes of paper or something that could stop bullets?

But my biggest problem with it was that it just didn't fit Walt. He's not a firearms expert, he's a chemistry genius. Since it's the last group he's ever gonna kill I thought it should be with chemistry.

I would've loved some kind of powder that's harmless when dry, but turns into acid or Poison gas when wet. And he sets off some small explosive that covers everyone in this powder, and as he runs out of the room with Jesse he activates the fire sprinklers and it gets everyone wet and they all die a horrible death thanks to his chemistry knowledge.

To me, breaking bad represents the epitome of useless human endeavor. So much work and care put into a show with no redeemable characters in a dismal meaningless landscape.

In a word... bleak.
the fat guy with the nail in his lip was solid.

To me, breaking bad represents the epitome of useless human endeavor. So much work and care put into a show with no redeemable characters in a dismal meaningless landscape.

In a word... bleak.

So, really fully hashed out art purely for the sake of art...? Against a backdrop that encapsulates a very real and very dark side of humanity and our self indulgent and self destructive nature.

Word.

I just think it has a high chance of failure. What if the dudes aren't standing in the right spot?

What if the wall was lined with shelves full of boxes of paper or something that could stop bullets?

But my biggest problem with it was that it just didn't fit Walt. He's not a firearms expert, he's a chemistry genius. Since it's the last group he's ever gonna kill I thought it should be with chemistry.

I would've loved some kind of powder that's harmless when dry, but turns into acid or Poison gas when wet. And he sets off some small explosive that covers everyone in this powder, and as he runs out of the room with Jesse he activates the fire sprinklers and it gets everyone wet and they all die a horrible death thanks to his chemistry knowledge.
Walt probably used Google and Hidden Wiki

Idk, I thought it was pretty cool that of the things they tested on Mythbusters, this was the only one that was plausible. In a show with a lot of far fetched stuff like the exploding crystals he used, devolving the body in the bathtub and having it go through the floor, etc this one you could possibly pull off.

For those that haven't seen it (spoiler warning)

The fly episode was an oddity. It didn't really advance the plot at all, I guess it was the writers attempt to show how obsessive Walt had become or something. but....yes.....a bit of an odd episode for sure. 64 episodes or something like that, so i'll give them a pass on that....

Back