News BREAKING: Jose Aldo unretires; Will face Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301 in Rio

I'm down to see Aldo compete again. He won his last 3 fights (over top 10 guys) before Merab. He gets to fight in Brazil probably on the main card. It's not like he's super old he's only 37. Let him bang.

Dana White personally showing up at Aldo's front door at his home in Brazil begging for him to save UFC 301:

man-on-doorstep-man-begging.gif

I'm down to see Aldo compete again. He won his last 3 fights (over top 10 guys) before Merab. He gets to fight in Brazil probably on the main card. It's not like he's super old he's only 37. Let him bang.

37 is super old for bantamweight.

The upper weight divisions shuffle around old farts because there is no roster depth and everyone is less athletic and less talented on average. You can't get away with that 125-170.

I'm hoping Aldo got a big check because the UFC knew this card was a legitimately bad PPV, and this is a one-off for him.

37 is super old for bantamweight.

The upper weight divisions shuffle around old farts because there is no roster depth and everyone is less athletic and less talented on average. You can't get away with that 125-170.

I'm hoping Aldo got a big check because the UFC knew this card was a legitimately bad PPV, and this is a one-off for him.
Skill is sometimes good enough to offset age. He adds depth to the division and objectively in his last 3 wins he beat Chito who just fought for the belt and he lost to Merab who is considered the best BW. It's not like he's on some Tony Ferguson skid he still has some juice left. Speaking of juice Usada is gone too. Also an aside he won his 2 boxing fights and had a draw with Stephens in the other. He hasn't lost since Merab.

Jah
I hate that Aldo is coming back. I don't want him to continue to diminish his records like Anderson or Fedor did.

I mean it would be awesome to see him beating a young lion like Martinez(then hopefully retire) but what most likely going to happen he's going to lose because of his age. Even if stylistically Martinez is not that difficult for Aldo to deal with
No such thing as ruining shit. I just like seeing them fight.

We know fedor was old. So it don’t really effect his legacy

This is why these fighters need more of the revenue split. Most of these guys come out bc they never made enough money in the UFC to retire properly.
Anybody with a couple of million in investments can retire, especially outside the US, if they are financially savvy. Big sports have shown us that if your spending rises proportionally to the salary, no amount of money is going to last.

Calf kicks aren't real. They cannot hurt you. Aldo has already demonstrated this twice vs Pedro and Moicano.

Anybody with a couple of million in investments can retire, especially outside the US, if they are financially savvy. Big sports have shown us that if your spending rises proportionally to the salary, no amount of money is going to last.
Problem is the ufc fighters think they are real sports stars but they bank account says different. But they try and live that lifestyle and fizzle out.

Last edited:
Aldo did pretty good against Merab. I don't care if he lost he still was the most impressive fighter that night to me. O'malley vs Aldo would be fun but it would be a long road to get a title shot at this point.

Wasn't Aldo boxing? What happened with that?
He was lined up for a Floyd Mayweather Exhibition in early 2023, and Aldo essentially shit the bed against Jermey Stephen’s in boxing, his fight was a draw, he had a meltdown and the Floyd fight never happened, he boxed once more but obviously it was not the pay day he was looking for

Back