News Breaking: The PFL x Bellator super-card is set, Feb. 24

That's actually really solid, WW is a toss up imo and I actually think Pinedo stops old man Pitbull.

Bader and especially Eblen win dominantly.

That's actually really solid, WW is a toss up imo and I actually think Pinedo stops old man Pitbull.

Bader and especially Eblen win dominantly.
I love Pitbull but yeah. There’s something in the air about that one.

I could see a KO for Ferreira. He needs to make it happen in the first round though.

I actually counted that I never seen fight footage of 15 fighters on the card. Like a highlight or anything. But good card.

Why is Ante Delija inactive 2023 / 2024 ?

Are they waiting for Nganou to debut vs him

I actually counted that I never seen fight footage of 15 fighters on the card. Like a highlight or anything. But good card.

Why is Ante Delija inactive 2023 / 2024 ?

Are they waiting for Nganou to debut vs him
Ante Delija was hurt in 2023. thought he was going to miss most of the season, but healed up and fought once but didn't qualify for the playoffs

Ante Delija was hurt in 2023. thought he was going to miss most of the season, but healed up and fought once but didn't qualify for the playoffs
Shoulder injury or what was it ?

He's in the lucky shin break club. Vs Tybura.

its not bad but to me its not wow, its ok, few good fights but I mean Bader in the main event? that WW fight will be the shits, elben runs over Impa. Pitbull fight is cool and I like AJ/Clay. Santos/Yoel is gonna be awful but just feels like this could have been better.

I mean no cyborg/Harrison completely shits the bed. and then its a PPV you're asking fans to pay 50+ dollars for. They should have made this a free event.

Boxing themselves in with champ vs champ kind of hurts it too rather than just making the best card. To me Nemkov challenging Bader for title is much more interesting.

If this had Cyborg/harrison, you give Nemkov the Bader fight, elben/Brunson, Loughnane vs Pico, then you mix in the AJ/clay and santos/yoel and maybe throw Dakota on there vs a Bellator flyweight it would have been a much stronger offering and PPV.
Nah, this is one of the very few opportunities we will get to seeing two major MMA orgs going head-to-head in a champ vs champ card. The UFC never did it with PRIDE, Strikeforce, or WEC, even when they were under the same banner. Even if you'd assume it's a landslide for Bellator, it is still a pretty historic card.

I remember talks of Bellator vs Strikeforce and Bellator vs WSOF but those never happened. There was also Legacy vs RFA but those are the minor leagues. I think the biggest example is DREAM vs Sengoku and that was over a decade ago. BellaRIZIN might have been the first one in over ten years.

They absolutely should not throw away that opportunity for a Bader vs Nemkov rematch, which will probably happen anyways, I might add.

I do like Loughnane vs Pico a lot better though. I was expecting more PFL vs Bellator fights but I assume they're saving more for throughout 2024 and the Saudis need their guys on that card, I guess.

Great card. Good to see most of the champ fights are happening and that they didn't force Nemkov to go back to LHW for no reason.

I'm assuming Cyborg is too busy with boxing, and probably doesn't want to test Pacheco. I'm guessing she's going to side step her and fight Kalya when she comes back to MMA.

God bless the Saudis!

No longer will MMA fans have to hear that Johnny Eblen is "secretly the best MW in the world" after Impa styles on him.

its not bad but to me its not wow, its ok, few good fights but I mean Bader in the main event? that WW fight will be the shits, elben runs over Impa. Pitbull fight is cool and I like AJ/Clay. Santos/Yoel is gonna be awful but just feels like this could have been better.

I mean no cyborg/Harrison completely shits the bed. and then its a PPV you're asking fans to pay 50+ dollars for. They should have made this a free event.

Boxing themselves in with champ vs champ kind of hurts it too rather than just making the best card. To me Nemkov challenging Bader for title is much more interesting.

If this had Cyborg/harrison, you give Nemkov the Bader fight, elben/Brunson, Loughnane vs Pico, then you mix in the AJ/clay and santos/yoel and maybe throw Dakota on there vs a Bellator flyweight it would have been a much stronger offering and PPV.
You're crying about Bader but think McKee isn't going to dry hump Clay for 3 rounds?

Since the OP was too lazy to post these...

Looks like a pretty decent card, Walsh finally making pro debut, hopefully not more than $30 but they'll charge way too much again. Last PFL PPV ended up costing $56 after taxes.

Gotta give Claressa Shields her props for competing in MMA. She is probably the #1P4P female boxer now and is willing to get kicked, subbed and beat down in MMA.

Yoel will KO an aged and battle worn Thiago. WAR ROMERO

Which fights are ones you guys are most looking forward most and why? I have to admit I’m not too familiar with the roster of Bellator these days, nevermind PFL…

I know the obvious names but I’ve never heard of the vast majority of these guys especially from PFL. By no means am I one of those people with UFC blinders that pooh-poohs the other orgs, I just really haven’t had the time in recent years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back