Bringing guys into the cage to set up the next fight is cringe and cheap

I agree, wholeheartedly with OP. Unfortunately, it is an official part of the culture. But as I am reading all of the comments, I’m realizing that there’s never been a noteworthy moment to come out of any of these altercations. They are all way too contrived. It feels on the same level of fighters having to talk shit prior to the fight to the media like they are pro wrestlers. Unless your name is Chael or Connor, it’s going to be cringey in all likelihood

I understand why the UFC has started to constantly do this from a business POV, I just hate the whole concept of it.

Its so ridiculous to watch a guy come out of the crowd and jaw with someone whose just gone however many rounds as if they are about to go off. It's also just so transparently staged that it doesen't do anything for me in terms of actually hyping the contest.

Very much an Ari/Hunter/Endeavour thing I believe but yeh I just think it is lame, has wrasslin vibes and should stop.
They do it try and force no debate about whether its the right next fight

Same bs stunts they pulled with colby

I'm just waiting for a moment like this

Before Wand had cauliflower face even
lmfao

but that was a true Pride vs UFC call out pretty sure Wand had a Pride shirt on. It was pretty epic when those guys started to flock over but unfortunately some of them had some difficulties adjusting to "the cage"

They've upped the use of it in the years since the sale imo - I started watching MMA regularly in like 2012ish and at the time there seemed very few, if any, instances where guys would actually come into the cage. People would be at ringside like when Conor jumped the cage to scream at Aldo but maybe they tamped it down bc it was during the whole 'make it look professional' era pre-sale.

Anyways I think its dumb and its better if you wanna do that stuff if the guy is just ringside and you can cut the camera or whatever - let the time in the cage after the fight be for the guys who just competed.

They do this less often than they used to I reckon. It used to be a pretty regular thing.

Didn't they just merge with wrestling?

It'll happen more often now.

Brilliant. All in the space of a few posts

I’m not impressed by your thread. This shit is as old as combat sports.

bVVZK.gif

The WWE era is here ladies and gents
Yeah it's fcking cringe, especially when it's a super undeserving challenger that gets brought in the cage. It's fabricated and you can tell when they want to push a narrative on us.

I’m not impressed by your thread. This shit is as old as combat sports.

bVVZK.gif

Read the thread - They didn't do it so much during the era I began to watch MMA and they've started doing it A LOT now. Its just my opinion that is cringe and doesen't work most of the time.

they have being doing it for a while remember when Wand wanted to fuck chuck
IMG_8312.jpeg

MERAB !

Making the three cringe idiots look absurd,
while matching shoes with Sean's jacket = priceless !

(post fight faceoffs are dumb, look at lesnar pushing cormier)

MERAB !

Making the three cringe idiots look absurd,
while matching shoes with Sean's jacket = priceless !

(post fight faceoffs are dumb, look at lesnar pushing cormier)

lol for real. Merab made it all worth it.

Back