News Bryan Barberena cut from UFC Roster

What’s next?

• Total voters
Damn, I liked Bam Bam but he was losing a lot at the end, I wonder what the problem became? He was fairly good in between 2014 and 2017.
Had a win over a former champ and 1 of only 3 ppl to stop him with strikes. I actually like Bryan but he really wasn't that good and overachieved. I was happy for the success he did have though.

Had a win over a former champ and 1 of only 3 ppl to stop him with strikes. I actually like Bryan but he really wasn't that good and overachieved. I was happy for the success he did have though.
He racked up a few FOTN's which has me thinking he was chasing the post fight bonuses and didn't have much of a gameplan like he did when he was first starting out. Just a thought anyway, I have no idea but the guy certainly had a fun style and actually had a personality which the UFC never capitalized on, go figure.

He racked up a few FOTN's which has me thinking he was chasing the post fight bonuses and didn't have much of a gameplan like he did when he was first starting out. Just a thought anyway, I have no idea but the guy certainly had a fun style and actually had a personality which the UFC never capitalized on, go figure.
Agreed.

He had some good performances, but it seems like he reached his ceiling.

8 years too late. He was on thin ice after refusing to job to Sage. Maybe wherever he goes next he'll understand the business better and play ball when the boss tells you.
lol yeah that was funny as hell arm triangles him laying across his body. That for sure is Sage didn't do any rolling before and felt "uncomfortable." Most pathetic thing I've ever seen in professional fighting even your average 50 year club roller wouldn't tap to that shit (and no he couldn't f'ing tap me - not with that crap.)

Waiting for the day Tony Ferguson gets cut

Pretty rough cut given that they fed him bad stylistic matchups. Weird that the UFC didn’t give him other brawlers to fight.
Always wondered that myself lol it seemed to me like they always gave him the toughest fights

His next profession would be to enter the dragon rolling freestyle
POgZ7F.gif

Can’t believe that was over 8 years ago. Much happier times.

Retire and put his energy into something worthy of a career. He has his faculties and he's still young enough to formulate a worthwhile game plan for the rest of his life and family.

People on here just don't want to admit it, but MMA & fighting isn't for everyone and knowing when to walk away is much better than staying.

Back