News Bryan Battle vs Ange Loosa set for March 16th

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm not familiar with Loosa but I'm hopefully that Battle establishes himself as a dangerous striker some point soon.

The speed, timing and power Battle has shown at range is impressive reminds me a ton of Ian Garry (obviously less refined at this point) my biggest concern is despite the newfound speed and power with his weight drop his other skills seem very basic and exploitable at this point. I won't hold my breath but I hope he keeps developing since he has a fun style... especially compared to his style at MW.

Battle has to keep the pressure and volume to the max. Loosa can definitely overpower and likely keep battle grounded. Decent matchup

Battle has been on an absolute tear since the Rinat loss. Was in the building for his KO of Gabe Green and it was electrifying. Loudest the place was all day and it was the 2nd fight of the card. He is a very interesting prospect in an all of a sudden very deep and intriguing WW division.

Not sure who I favor between Battle and Loosa. I've seen both men get rocked... though until Round 3 against McKee, I would have said Ange is the more durable of the two. Battle still seems to be figuring things out every time he goes out there -- which can be both good and bad. IMO Ange presents the biggest wrestling threat Battle has faced since Rinat in addition to being a very serviceable striker. I'm tempted to edge Bryan via closely-contested, scrappy Decision but I expect this to be super competitive. Loosa pulling it off would not surprise me in the least.

I'm not familiar with Loosa but I'm hopefully that Battle establishes himself as a dangerous striker some point soon.

The speed, timing and power Battle has shown at range is impressive reminds me a ton of Ian Garry (obviously less refined at this point) my biggest concern is despite the newfound speed and power with his weight drop his other skills seem very basic and exploitable at this point. I won't hold my breath but I hope he keeps developing since he has a fun style... especially compared to his style at MW.

His last several fights are worth watching. He's fun and fairly talented for what he is, though I don't expect him to make a crazy run at 170. He fought JDM on Contender Series and despite losing, he showed a ton of heart. Tried wrestling and trading back against Jack for the entire 15 minutes. Even though JDM was landing flush combinations and the entire kitchen sink on him, Loosa survived to the scorecards. They ended up bringing him on anyway shortly after as a short-notice replacement to fight Mounir Lazzez. He lost every round, but was competitive in each exchange and made it a very fun fight -- showing that he belonged in the process. After that he schooled both AJ Fletcher and Rhys McKee, surviving brief spots of adversity in both fights in addition to showing moments of outright dominance.

I'd nominally consider Loosa a bit of a generalist. He trains out of Kill Cliff and is a close training partner of many of the big names there. You can really see the influence of Henri Hooft in his striking -- he reeks of fundamental Dutch Kickboxing when he's on the feet. That being said, he's also a very strong, athletic guy with a solid wrestling game and he's not afraid to fall back on just taking dudes down and grinding out wins with top control and GnP.

Juicehead Kill Cliff interchangeable fighter that’ll be awoken from cryosleep from under the Apex is going to get KOd by Battle.

Weird fight. Battle finishes him.
Agreed! At 5-1 with 4 finishes, and his only UFC loss to a very game Rinat, I feel like he might deserve just a lil bit better. It'll be a fun fight, sure, but I think Battle's striking is too fast and sharp for Loosa, who has looked extremely hittable so far. If Loosa can make his grappling work here, this'll be an impressive way to keep building momentum. But I just don't see it.

Battle has been on an absolute tear since the Rinat loss. Was in the building for his KO of Gabe Green and it was electrifying. Loudest the place was all day and it was the 2nd fight of the card. He is a very interesting prospect in an all of a sudden very deep and intriguing WW division.

He moved up to MW iirc.

He moved up to MW iirc.

Nah, but he started out there. He was on a Middleweight season of TUF. Beat Urbina (for the TUF finale) and Tresean Gore (for the people's finale) before moving down to 170. His last four fights have been at Welterweight.

Nah, but he started out there. He was on a Middleweight season of TUF. Beat Urbina (for the TUF finale) and Tresean Gore (for the people's finale) before moving down to 170. His last four fights have been at Welterweight.

Yup, you're right...my brain is fuzzy because of this fuckin Covid sir.
I feel like my head is underwater tbh.

This shit blows.
Been sick for almost 2 weeks at this point :(

That sucks man. I caught it from my dad a little over a year ago. Started out just feeling like allergies or a minor sinus infection, which is what I thought it was at the time. Then out of nowhere it hit me like a brick wall and put me on my ass, felt like death. But luckily those symptoms only lasted about a day and a half. I felt much better after that, but had a really bad sore throat and cough -- both of which lingered for weeks afterward.

Here's hoping it fucks off soon, man.

That sucks man. I caught it from my dad a little over a year ago. Started out just feeling like allergies or a minor sinus infection, which is what I thought it was at the time. Then out of nowhere it hit me like a brick wall and put me on my ass, felt like death. But luckily those symptoms only lasted about a day and a half. I felt much better after that, but had a really bad sore throat and cough -- both of which lingered for weeks afterward.

Here's hoping it fucks off soon, man.

Thats about how its gone for me, except my body and brain feel like jello.
Thanks btw, much love.

Back