BYD overtaking Tesla

I drove in one recently in Shanghai. It's flashy looking inside, much like Tesla, but suspect it's put together poorly, much like Tesla.

Cant comment on the engine/performance etc.
Engine? you just talk out of your ass. These chinese cars need engineers to assemble not some farmer who will assemble shirt or something low tech. Anything high tech is good chinese or western in quality

If I'm not mistaken, China has access to and monopoly on lithium?

If I'm not mistaken, China has access to and monopoly on lithium?

Australia produce 3 x and Chile produce 2 x the amount of lithium, than China, Australia are definitely not pro China and have the second largest reserves, Chile on the other hand are definitely pro China and have the largest reserves by a good margin.

I guess you could say with a continuous relationship with Chile, yes they've got the largest market share.

This is creating a big drive away from lithium.....

Engine? you just talk out of your ass. These chinese cars need engineers to assemble not some farmer who will assemble shirt or something low tech. Anything high tech is good chinese or western in quality
I wasn't talking to you.

Say hello to Chinese Musk.. hopefully he buys tik tok or some crap like that

1714671567842.png

Electrical fires, doors didn't open & non-working air bags reported on, not sure if OP cars are in any way connected ( supplier, parts used, etc,).

Not sure those who reported defects were left ... with their jobs afterwards.

<{katwhu}>

Australia produce 3 x and Chile produce 2 x the amount of lithium, than China, Australia are definitely not pro China and have the second largest reserves, Chile on the other hand are definitely pro China and have the largest reserves by a good margin.

I guess you could say with a continuous relationship with Chile, yes they've got the largest market share.

This is creating a big drive away from lithium.....

China owns a lot of these mines though, even if they are in places like Australia.

China owns a lot of these mines though, even if they are in places like Australia.

Oh I completely agree but a monopoly requires complete control and you don't have that if it's not on your own soil.

Electrical fires, doors didn't open & non-working air bags reported on, not sure if OP cars are in any way connected ( supplier, parts used, etc,).

Not sure those who reported defects were left ... with their jobs afterwards.

<{katwhu}>

I don’t know which model it was, but I’ve seen a BYD SUV try to enter the Chinese space program. I’ve never seen a car explosion where the vehicle goes straight up before, other than in the movies.
Everything I’ve seen from them looks like cheap garbage. They have a new SUV that’s having problems with the lower front fenders breaking, and they just flap in the wind.

It probably out sold Tesla because they're dirt cheap.

Can you even buy one in the US?
I guarantee by the time a US consumer gets their hands on one, it won't be dirt cheap anymore. Not to mention most people don't trust cheap Chinese crap. Buying a TV, sure.. you're out $500 after three or four years if it fails. Car is completely different story.

Not to mention EV demand is plateauing hard. Don't expect people's interest in EVs to grow much going forward.. the only way market share will really go off is because of government intervention.

Both companies have different strengths and thats why Tesla will start moving away from manufacturing consumer products and more into AI and self-drive, BYD makes its own batteries and has lithium mines..... Tesla will not be able to compete on price, approx 40% of an EV's price is the battery pack.....

Tesla will continue its current range of products but I don't think it will venture below the model 3 price point, it's going for the fully automated vehicle market, that's where big contracts can be found.

Ya...Tesla is not a car company. Ya, they make cars but that's not Elon's main goal.

I guarantee by the time a US consumer gets their hands on one, it won't be dirt cheap anymore. Not to mention most people don't trust cheap Chinese crap. Buying a TV, sure.. you're out $500 after three or four years if it fails. Car is completely different story.

Not to mention EV demand is plateauing hard. Don't expect people's interest in EVs to grow much going forward.. the only way market share will really go off is because of government intervention.
Teslas / EV dying a bit out yet everyone and their grandma wants one here .
Where I’m at Irvine it’s now known as land of white Teslas. I fucking hate the drivers so much. They all want to show how fast they are at red lights . .. d bags , still not as worse as those Tacoma bros..!!

Where I’m at Irvine it’s now known as land of white Teslas.

They don't call the model 3 the California Camry for nothing. I always joke that it's no coincidence that the majority of them are white ... The color of sheep.

It probably out sold Tesla because they're dirt cheap.

Can you even buy one in the US?
I bought one off Ali Express for 10K. Shipping was also 10K and i should recieve it in a few years since its coming via paddle boat.

They don't call the model 3 the California Camry for nothing. I always joke that it's no coincidence that the majority of them are white ... The color of sheep.

It's really no better than any other car make and model that the sheeple latch on too, look at iPhone to certain people it's literally the only type of phone they will buy.......Tesla just needs to work on that sweet Apple ecosystem bullshit and get more products with a quicker turn over....... That are tied together...... But Elon has a different direction......

I take every bit of news coming from China with a huge grain of salt considering all the manufacturing bs we've come to find out about them (abandoned cities, cars, and other projects, etc.) . I mean not that the U.S. govt. and corporate environment isn't a scummy shitshow, but China is like the kid that sold the most candybars for their school fundraiser, but their parents bought like 1/3 of them.

Back