News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk. If someone ever touched my kid like that, literally the only thing stopping me from taking every possible measure to try and end their life as slowly and methodically as possible would be knowing those actions would rob my child of a father because I acted on emotion. A father that could support them and help them deal with the years of therapy, emotional trauma, and long term issues that result from being molested.

Personally I have 0 sympathy for any child molester. They can rot in hell. It’s worse then murder. It’s worse then torture. It’s praying on the most innocent life form and turning them into a shell of their former selves. Your ruining someone’s life before it even got started. That’s fucked up and anyone who touches a kid like that deserves anything and everything that comes to them.

If that rumor is true I hope that creepy fuck gets life in prison, and I hope Cain can get out in a reasonable amount of time and try to move on from this traumatizing incident with his family.
While we can sympathize with the pain/anger something like that may cause, this would be a prime example of why revenge/vigilantism isn't allowed. He shot the wrong person. I think Cain should go to jail for a long time. This is assuming the rumor is true, it easily could be BS or even parts of it.

I wound up having a second kid a few years later. I'm glad it never came to that. I'm not sure if you have children, but if you can honestly say if someone sexually abused or killed your daughter you wouldn't go after them you are a better man then me.

I never said I wouldn't go after them. I just wouldn't end up in jail because I still have a job to do with the family.

Werent you just telling us a few hours ago not to assume guilt? Rather ironic how youre doing that now because bruce willis from die hard on twitter says something

As I said, I'm sure there's more to come. Both good and bad. You all jumped to conclusions and lost your minds. Now there's other info starting to come in. That statement is mostly a comment on the reaction to sexual abuse, but yes it's under the assumption it happened. Don't worry though, I'll happily wait for the trial and more official news.

As a former attorney (changed to a less stressful path), this thread is cancerous. So many incorrect statements on the legal system, people believing hearsay, etc.

Wait until the facts come out. Maybe don't listen to a rando on twitter (without a credible picture or name, might I add), and just take a back seat. Let your ego calm down.

From what has been released, this certainly does not sound like self-defense in any way. If the child abuse thing is true, like some have said, it doesn't necessarily help his case. Plenty of battered women have killed their husbands and spent life in prison.

I'm sure there are plenty of facts yet to be heard. Let's all relax for a bit. Thus far, SJPD-Cain looks a lot like Ngannou-Cain.

battered women who kill their husbands don’t really get serious jail time anymore. That’s an old way of thinking.

Their paid informant system is top notch. This is not an insult, just an observation. They pay good money for real info.

Traditional journalists think that's shameful, but I don't. Information is worth money.
I feel as if we have very different political world views but I usually agree with your practical takes. But this a basic error and I'm familiar with the field.
It's good for pop star crime reporting or scandal based news to show up in tabloids often from billionaire oligarchs.
Real journalism that operates outside of shitty tabloids that are based on political and economic interests don't operate like that.
The modern New York Times is like the complex version of that kind of tabloid operation .

From what has been released, this certainly does not sound like self-defense in any way. If the child abuse thing is true, like some have said, it doesn't necessarily help his case. Plenty of battered women have killed their husbands and spent life in prison.

Mitigating circumstances. These are supposed to be taken into consideration.

Me walking up to you and punching you in the jaw is adjudicated differently than me walking up to you and punching you in the jaw because you stole my stereo. Imagine the difference if there was some pedophile shit in the mix?

The idea that Cain was getting "revenge" for his abused child by attempting to murder their abuser is a fantasy.

This story sounds like nonsense but if it is true then he only has added to his childs suffering because they are going to blame themselves while he sits in prison for the next twenty years.

Considering the ages of Cain's children the "abuse" story sounds like the deranged revenge fantasy of a twitter troll. I hope Cain did not actually throw his life away because first degree attempted murder would mean decades in prison.

Yes, they do. Wait for the details and trial in order to decide if he's in deep shit. No one knows anything yet. There are trials for a reason.

It's amazing how little patience this generation has.
I think he's just saying that there must be some evidence if the DA is prosecuting. Whether this evidence holds up in court is a different story tho. There's a difference between being in deep shit and being convicted.

Either way, regardless of the eventual outcome, if I was being prosecuted for attempted murder, I would still feel like I'm in deep shit lol

How did he shoot the wrong person?

So far I've read he shot a guy that allegedly molested one of his kids.

Did he shoot an innocent bystander instead? Legit asking. Was there a stray bullet type of situation?
The series of tweets in one guy's earlier post suggested he might have mixed up the molester with the father of the molester and shot the father. Hope for Cain's and the father's sake it's not true and frankly the tweet seems extremely unreliable...

I feel as if we have very different political world views but I usually agree with your practical takes. But this a basic error and I'm familiar with the field.
It's good for pop star crime reporting or scandal based news to show up in tabloids often from billionaire oligarchs.
Real journalism that operates outside of shitty tabloids that are based on political and economic interests don't operate like that.
The modern New York Times is like the complex version of that kind of tabloid operation .

Agree to disagree.

If I knew my child was a pedo I wouldn’t be seen with them ever again.
We literally know fuck all about what happened. We don't even know if the rumours about Cain’s kids being abused is true. If they are true, how do we know the anything about the dad? Maybe he was just in the car with the abuser and didn't know.

Jesus.
Attempted murder?
WTF Cain.

Innocent until proven guilty, but to even be charged means there is smoke. That's fuckin' nuts. How? How do you go from HW champ to WWF to attempted murder? It's just unconscionable.

I'm awaiting more details but, fuck.
This is worse than everything Jon Jones has been accused of, regardless of the reasons why.

> Dispatch, this is two zero niner, the suspect is fleeing on foot, requesting backup, we're losing him
< Two zero niner, this is dispatch, Whats your current elevation. Over.
> We're at three feet above sea level. Need a helo, he's not getting tired. Over.
< Helo is on its way. Wait for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back