Cain Velasquez making a return to MMA retiring from Pro Wrestling

call me stupid but really, why are knee braces prohibited in mma. They basically make it impossible for fighter to ko via kneem yet they would give longetivity to some fighters.

call me stupid but really, why are knee braces prohibited in mma. They basically make it impossible for fighter to ko via kneem yet they would give longetivity to some fighters.
What kind of knee braces? Unified Rules as of 2017:
A competitor may use a soft neoprene type sleeve to cover only the knee and/or ankle joints.

What kind of knee braces? Unified Rules as of 2017:
Ok that is interesting information. Knee sleeve could sort some major career derailments definitely. But it sounds like not all fighters are able to wear them. Judging by the pics Cain didn't wear any knee sleeves or tape during any of his ufc fights

what a horrible idea if true. dude is going to wind up in a wheelchair.

This isn't smart he didn't look good against Francis at all.

Imagine Cain’s longevity if he didn’t have such a ridiculous Strength & Conditioning routine.

Also isn’t AKA known for their hard sparring? I can’t imagine that would help him in his longevity either.

Article - "Coach says Cain Velasquez returning to MMA is possible"
Sherdogger - "Cain Velasquez making a return to MMA"

My answer is that perhaps at his age he may not be up to it because he has not fought in a long time and why would he be any better now than he was in the past when he lost and besides that fought the same guys over and over and over again so should we expect anything different I wonder and will he really fight or not since after all many times he would end up injured and have to postpone fights or even cancel them and this was at sea level and we have to consider if he is not fighting at sea level thus we are wondering if you can fill us in without a fucking wall of text.

Nowhere did it say Cain was returning. It said if he was offered stupid money, he'd consider having another fight. That's any retired fighter.

Sounds like Cain's asking number is 4 million to so it would take someone like a Jake Paul or Mayweather to be stupid enough to offer that kind of money for a one-off.

Actual photo of Cain after he slipped in his jail cell 58 times in 12 minutes:

dcwe3r5-285bb1e5-e3f6-46c4-8fb9-b12b4ec4b465.png

Back