News California Trying To Be First State with MASSIVE Change to Kneeing Grounded Opponent and REMOVING 12-6 Elbow Rules in UFC

Only if we can retroactively take points for every blatant foul.

d89cd144-12bf-4f3c-ad30-4e7910396899_text.gif

I kinda like the rule (weight-bearing) as it is now.. just introduce/enforce it everywhere. I don't like this if it eventually leads to soccer kicks.

Last edited:
Nah, that rule is absolute trash, this is the right move and soccer kicks are awesome.
I like sports though, with rules, and I come from that from the start. I generally have no issues that there is rules, I am not from the Joe Rogan school of fight thought. A one sport man.

Good change but still doesn't go far enough. There should be no limits to knees in any position.
This, and i want soccer kicks too.

The 12 to 6 elbows can crack the weak part of the skull though when stuffing a TD so not so sure about that.

Yeah, but they still banned oblique kicks, so I guess they're still a bunch of liberal pussies or something, idk.

Ima be honest, this might be better than the old AND unified rules, but it's still not accurate, which kinda shows that, as much as people bitch about the rule, no one seems to write a better definition. Cuz the thing is: although having a hand on the ground doesn't automatically mean you're grounded, as people take advantage of, it still absolutely CAN mean it.

Watch legions of casuals now using this definition to prove "Conor wasn't knocked down!"
5bbcae3892b3691d8d2ef318
He was almost knocked down, he caught himself

The 12 to 6 elbows can crack the weak part of the skull though when stuffing a TD so not so sure about that.
But there's already a rule against strikes to the back of the head.

12-6 elbows are not worse than other elbows, and the rule is hard to enforce consistently because any arc at all makes the elbow legal.

According to Ariel Helwani it will allow fighters to FINALLY knee opponents with their hands down and ABOLISHING 12-6 Elbow Rule

You guys into it?

b-b-but Im told to hate california
Theyre sun loving commies!

But there's already a rule against strikes to the back of the head.

12-6 elbows are not worse than other elbows, and the rule is hard to enforce consistently because any arc at all makes the elbow legal.
12-6 is a crushing action which would eventually crush the skull, no?

I don't like grounded knees, I think it would change too much the dynamics of MMA, but i'm ok with 12-6 elbows

Positions not locations. As in you should be able to knee from side control or from a front headlock position, etc.
Ah. I see. So some limits. Sheesh, I thought you were the just bleed god himself.

Ur joking yea? I can't freaking tell anymore

Back