Social Can homeless people be fined for sleeping outside? A rural Oregon city asks the US Supreme Court

ca10fed89154f46b315b6cd47e105ffa.gif
lol, i love the smell of depressed pathetic middle aged men who can't handle a mistake they made being pointed out on a karate forum.

200w.gif

The bond link had nothing to do with the citation of the Portland's $1.7b expenditure from 2015-2023.

Are you contradicting this?
Why would you link to a metro housing bond in the first place when complaining about how much money Portland spends on homeless/houseless services? The answer is of course that you didn't know what you were talking about, which is supported just a wee bit by the exchange yesterday when I was like why did you reference Metro in the first place, and you claimed not to lol

Why would you link to a metro housing bond in the first place when complaining about how much money Portland spends on homeless/houseless services? The answer is of course that you didn't know what you were talking about, which is supported just a wee bit by the exchange yesterday when I was like why did you reference Metro in the first place, and you claimed not to lol
Why did I link to a bond measure two paragraphs earlier when discussing overall spending over the previous two decades? Because that was the subject of the post. However, that was incontrovertibly not the scope of the comment that he nitpicked, and that you insisted was describing Metro spending. You even tried delivering a lecture about how the Metro "homeless service tax" for supportive housing was a huge part of spending, in your critique of my comment relaying the city spending during 2015-2023, when collections from that tax weren't even disbursed until FY2022.

Someone shit himself, here, alright. Wasn't me.

Why did I link to a bond measure two paragraphs earlier when discussing overall spending over the previous two decades? Because that was the subject of the post. However, that was incontrovertibly not the scope of the comment that he nitpicked, and that you insisted was describing Metro spending. You even tried delivering a lecture about how the Metro "homeless service tax" for supportive housing was a huge part of spending, in your critique of my comment relaying the city spending during 2015-2023, when collections from that tax weren't even disbursed until FY2022.

Someone shit himself, here, alright. Wasn't me.
So now you expect us to believe that you were making a post whining about homeless service money in Portland, linked to a housing bond from Metro, but the link didn't have anything to do with what you were actually whining about? Because... reasons? Mick, this is truly terrible, even for you. We're not going to get a repeat of the basketball thread, are we?

So now you expect us to believe that you were making a post whining about homeless service money in Portland, linked to a housing bond from Metro, but the link didn't have anything to do with what you were actually whining about? Because... reasons? Mick, this is truly terrible, even for you. We're not going to get a repeat of the basketball thread, are we?
its not even that bad of a mistake to make. What is hilarious is how he can't, CAN NOT, accept that he made a mistake.

Dude needs therapy. jesus christ.

its not even that bad of a mistake to make. What is hilarious is how he can't, CAN NOT, accept that he made a mistake.

Dude needs therapy. jesus christ.
There's absolutely no reason for someone outside this area to know these distinctions lol. It's completely confusing. If Mick wasn't pathologically incapable of admitting even the tiniest error, he would realize this. When the average person hears "metro Portland", they are 100% going to think something along the lines of "metropolitan Portland", ya know, and think it's like just the city itself, the more colloquial metro area. But our service jurisdictions are uniquely complicated, particularly when it comes to funding homeless services. You have city, county, state, and federal dollars, and then on top of all that you have this very specific and very unique entity that governs what would otherwise be totally separate jurisdictions over a big part of the region.

There was no metro bond linked in that sentence!! Don't blame me for your incompetence as a reader. This was iterated and reiterated, LOL. And originally the person who tried nitpicking the comment quoted a population figure for the Portland MSA, which is why I assumed he was talking about the MSA, not the Oregon Regional Government.
Know what has happened? Their homeless population skyrocketed, anyway. Indeed, Portland, a city of just 650K, spent over $1.7bn on supporting housing programs alone from 2015-2023, and yet their homeless population increased 65%.
The above was the only portion of my post he quoted when he responded with-->
2.5 million people in the Portland metro area.
Sure. If we quoted the total homeless for the MSA the number would change, also.
Sure, but not by 4x. People live in the burbs and city, homeless congregate primarily in the city.
Yes, but the budget figures I quoted aren't for the MSA, either. You're introducing an orange to an apple.
500_F_153327024_FctSHOtEGCC9krmvLSfH0Qj5YLrMrBTx.jpg

Because I did. I actually did. I spelled it out several times.

Last edited:
There was no metro bond linked in that sentence!! Don't blame me for your incompetence as a reader. This was iterated and reiterated, LOL. And originally the person who tried nitpicking the comment quoted a population figure for the Portland MSA, which is why I assumed he was talking about the MSA, not the Oregon Regional Government.

500_F_153327024_FctSHOtEGCC9krmvLSfH0Qj5YLrMrBTx.jpg

Because I did. I actually did. I spelled it out several times.
So now you've been reduced to trying to claim that these this is all somehow A) unrelated, magically and that B) it would somehow paper over your error anyway
No, housing isn't the isn't the sole root cause, LMFAO. Portland went to extraordinary lengths in the last two decades to provide free or low-cost housing to the homeless: through bond measures, or permanent free/subsidied supportive housing complexes like Findley Commons. Proponents of this approach insist it is empirically proven to be the "most effective" way to address homelessness. Of course, they don't measure this by whether or not it reduces the total number of homeless in a community, or the proportion of homelessness, but by the likelihood those who were homeless that received housing inside a 6-year window are more likely to remain...housed. I shit you not. That's the logic.

There are even groups outside of government [2] trying to aid this effort. Know what has happened? Their homeless population skyrocketed, anyway. Indeed, Portland, a city of just 650K, spent over $1.7bn on supporting housing programs alone from 2015-2023, and yet their homeless population increased 65%. Surprise, surprise. When you build houses just to feel good about yourself at extraordinary expense to everyone who pays for their own housing...you don't actually address the "root cause".
"Portland went through extraordinary length to provide free or low cost housing through bond measures"
"What happened? The homeless population skyrocketed. Portland spent 1.7b on housing programs..."

See, there is just no possible way your are going to be able to tap dance your way out of this Mick lol. You've done it to yourself. Go take a long look in the mirror and come to terms with it, ol buddy ol pal.

Last edited:
So now you've been reduced to trying to claim that these this is all somehow A) unrelated, magically and that B) it would somehow paper over your error anyway

"Portland went through extraordinary length to provide free or low cost housing through bond measures"
"What happened? The homeless population skyrocketed. Portland spent 1.7b on housing programs..."

See, there's is just no possible way your are going to be able to tap dance your way out of this Mick lol. You've done it to yourself. Go take a long look in the mirror and come to terms with it, ol buddy ol pal.
They are incontrovertibly unrelated! The statistic is right there. It comes two paragraphs later, and doesn't refer to the bond measure at all.

On the other hand, you know what wasn't unrelated? Your attempt to pontificate to me about how the Metro "homeless service tax" is a "huge tax" that made up a vast part of the budget for this city expenditure covering 2015-2023 when I originally pointed it out to you that it was only for the city.
Funding for homeless services doesn't come 100% exclusively from Metro tax, but Metro specifically oversees the Homeless Service Tax, which funds a variety homeless services in the City of Portland and all areas under Metro jurisdiction. It's a huge tax that makes up a very significant portion of all funding for homeless services, and is allotted through different regional administrative agencies. That's why your initial complaint was disconnected from reality. And I get it, we have a very unusual way of doing things with this specific regional government situation. Incidentally, Multnomah county in particular is having issues not spending those tax dollars fast enough. They've had problems just sitting on millions of dollars.

LMFAO. Care to explain? Why were you pontificating about a tax that wasn't collected until 2021? Do you really expect anyone to believe you didn't quite concretely argue this was part of that spending from 2015-2020?

They are incontrovertibly unrelated! The statistic is right there. It comes two paragraphs later, and doesn't refer to the bond measure at all.

On the other hand, you know what wasn't unrelated? Your attempt to pontificate to me about how the Metro "homeless service tax" is a "huge tax" that made up a vast part of the budget for this city expenditure covering 2015-2023 when I originally pointed it out to you that it was only for the city.

LMFAO. Care to explain? Why were you pontificating about a tax that wasn't collected until 2021? Do you really expect anyone to believe you didn't quite concretely argue this was part of that spending from 2015-2020?
You literally -literally- complain about Portland going to wild lengths to fund homeless services, link to a (Metro) housing bond, and then say "here's what happened". Mick, it's right there, clear as day. This may well be the worst panic wrestling I have ever seen. You are so incapable of admitting even a small mistake that you're trying to somehow decouple your very thoughts from each other. That housing bond was not from Portland, it was from Metro, and you just plain got it wrong. And you got it wrong because you didn't know wtf you were talking about. Mick, seek help. Or re-read what you've just posted and try to learn something? I mean, you already have, it's just admitting that you didn't understand how our agency structure works that is the real problem lmao.

You literally -literally- complain about Portland going to wild lengths to fund homeless services, link to a (Metro) housing bond, and then say "here's what happened". Mick, it's right there, clear as day. This may well be the worst panic wrestling I have ever seen. You are so incapable of admitting even a small mistake that you're trying to somehow decouple your very thoughts from each other. That housing bond was not from Portland, it was from Metro, and you just plain got it wrong. And you got it wrong because you didn't know wtf you were talking about. Mick, seek help. Or re-read what you've just posted and try to learn something? I mean, you already have, it's just admitting that you didn't understand how our agency structure works that is the real problem lmao.
I made no mistake. My post discussed Portland spending over two decades. The budget figure I highlighted for the city of Portland did not. This is why they take part in different paragraphs.

In fact, the only person in this thread who clearly claimed Metro funds comprised part of that $1.7bn 2015-2023 spending is you, when you tried playing professor for a topic on which you aren't qualified to teach, as you obviously had no idea the tax you referenced wasn't disbursed until FY2022.
https://www.portland.gov/cbo/2023-2...-office-homeless-services-fy-2023-24/download

There's no wiggling out of this. I was crystal clear about my budget figure, and what it referenced. I was accurate. You were not.

I do what I can to help people in need or deserving of it, not find ways to kick them while they are down.

Oh thank god we have a saint like you among us. So how many homeless people are you currently housing in your home?

I made no mistake. My post discussed Portland spending over two decades. The budget figure I highlighted for the city of Portland did not. This is why they take part in different paragraphs.

In fact, the only person in this thread who clearly claimed Metro funds comprised part of that $1.7bn 2015-2023 spending is you, when you tried playing professor for a topic on which you aren't qualified to teach, as you obviously had no idea the tax you referenced wasn't disbursed until FY2022.
https://www.portland.gov/cbo/2023-2...-office-homeless-services-fy-2023-24/download

There's no wiggling out of this. I was crystal clear about my budget figure, and what it referenced. I was accurate. You were not.
While linking a Metro bond
Uhhh, ehhh, you see, uhhh, the thing is..., when I said "Portland" over here I meant something I didn't know existed, and didn't have anything to do what I was talking about when I also said "Portland" 2 seconds later re: the consequences of the thing I referenced lmao
God this is beyond pathetic lmao

While linking a Metro bond
Uhhh, ehhh, you see, uhhh, the thing is..., when I said "Portland" over here I meant something I didn't know existed, and didn't have anything to do what I was talking about when I also said "Portland" 2 seconds later re: the consequences of the thing I referenced lmao
God this is beyond pathetic lmao
LOL, look at this meltdown because you are desperately seeking to conflate two separate sentences. The bond measure isn't mentioned within the context of the $1.7bn figure. Nowhere is that implied, or asserted.

Why did you assert a 2021 tax was a huge part of spending from 2015-2020? Why are you dodging answering that?

Dunno man, knowing the junkies where i live if you give them housing they would probably strip it from wiring and plumbing in order to sell it for scrap to get more drugs.

I think there ought to bring back asylums of some sort.
Yup, they will do stupid shit like theses things

LOL, look at this meltdown because you are desperately seeking to conflate two separate sentences. The bond measure isn't mentioned within the context of the $1.7bn figure. Nowhere is that implied, or asserted.

Why did you assert a 2021 tax was a huge part spending from 2015-2020? Why are you dodging answering that?
"Portland spent a boatload of money housing the homeless, here's a link to a bond. Guess what happened?"
"No no no, when I said 'Portland', I meant... uh... not.. that..."
skinner-steamed-clams.gif

8o5tak.jpg

get some therapy dude. no one in life should be this broken because they made a small and completely understandable error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back