Breakfast:
3 eggs
1 slice of cheese
Spinach
Almond butter

Snack:
Protein bar

Late Lunch/Early Dinner
Went out to eat, had a spinach salad, salmon, and broccoli.

Snack:
Yogurt with almond butter, protein, milled flax seed. I think cocoa, too.

Last edited:
Today
And so begins a week of strict Paleo (doing this as a "solidarity diet"). The only exception will be my PWO shakes, which will contain milk.

That means, no PB or oats this week!!!111!!1!

Gotta be very careful not to cut calories, as I have a 500lb deadlift attempt coming up on Sunday. I do NOT want under-eating to screw that up.

Anyway...

Breakfast:
2 eggs
Banana with some almond and macadamia butter, microwaved and mashed together. Sounds and looks weird. Tastes delicious.

PWO Shake:
2 cups organic whole milk
Big fistful of spinach
1 scoop of whey protein
Some cocoa
Bit of macadamia butter

Food since PWO:
Some turkey
Some almond butter/macadamia butter with some apple slices
Can of salmon and spinach with some olive oil

Dinner:
3 eggs
The remainder of the apple with some macadamia butter

Snack:
Banana with some cocoa, mac butter, and flax seed.

Last edited:
Do you know approximately how many calories you take in? It doesn't seem like you eat that much.

I've never counted calories much, but I do know that I'm an "easy-gainer," even with the amount of training I do. I don't need to eat all that much to maintain or gain bodyweight. I've certainly never struggled to consume sufficient calories, except perhaps when working hard physical labor jobs in the summer (which I won't be doing this summer).

I've never counted calories much, but I do know that I'm an "easy-gainer," even with the amount of training I do. I don't need to eat all that much to maintain or gain bodyweight. I've certainly never struggled to consume sufficient calories, except perhaps when working hard physical labor jobs in the summer (which I won't be doing this summer).

I never really counted calories either, even during that big cut. Common sense goes a long way sometimes and calorie counting isn't really necessary IMO. I'm finding that I must still have a decent metabolism, although I wouldn't call myself a "hard-gainer". I've been eating like a sloth and not putting on much weight. I've been enjoying every second of it though...

Anyhow, good luck with the paleo stint. I didn't have peanut butter for most of my cut. It tastes that much better when you return to it.

^Yeah, I believe calorie counting is really only necessary for a very, very small percentage of people.

Today: Paleo Day 2

Breakfast:
2 eggs
Banana with macadamia butter

I don't know how people do Paleo with nuts and nut butters. Need to get me some more.

Bought some almonds on the way to work.

Lunch
Spinach salad with turkey, olive oil, vinegar, and cashews.

Got home after my two-hour round-trip commute, and when I saw the fruit we had wasn't, ripe and we were just about out of nut butters, I realized this thing wouldn't last without either:

A) Me underreating
OR
B) Me eating Paleo foods for the sake of eating Paleo foods, rather than eating foods that fulfill my nutrition needs.

And with that, I quit my Paleo experiment. If you're going to do Paleo, you need to really stock up on Paleo foods and plan better than I did. Take away stuff like yogurt, whey protein, and peanut butter, and my general manner of eating becomes much more difficult.

Pre-WO Snack (after work):
Whole milk yogurt, vanilla whey, PB, cinnamon.

PWO Shake
2 cups whole milk
1 scoop whey
Cocoa powder
PB
Milled flax seed
Spinach

Last edited:
Today

Breakfast:
Soaked steel cut oats with:
-1 scoop of whey protein
-Big spoonful of PB
-Cocoa powder

Is there any reason you put cocoa in your shakes besides taste? I do that too but it's just because of my inner fat kid.

Also, spinach in a shake?! Yuck, Popeye.

Yeah, mainly taste. It's also super high in antioxidants, but whether or not that is a good thing in a PWO shake is debatable.

I strongly recommend everyone try spinach in shakes. You can't taste it, it improves the texture, and it's an easy way to add some extra greens to your diet.

Ok, past two days have been a logging FAIL (super busy), but I'm not giving up logging. I'll start fresh tomorrow.

Today

Breakfast: Bowl of soaked steel cut oats with cocoa, a scoop of protein, and a big spoonful of PB.

PWO Shake:
2 cups organic whole milk
1 scoop protein
Big handful of spinach
Some PB
Some cocoa

Last edited:
Yeah, they basically taste like sweet peanut butter (predictably).

Back