Television Can someone explain TMZ to me?

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am at the gym I catch what is on the televisions. Last night I happened to watch a little bit of TMZ.

If I'm not mistaken, this show is just about a group of people hating on people who are more attractive and successful than they are.

I imagine the show originated in an office, where a group of miserable co workers would regularly sit around a table and hate on people. One day someone came up with the bold idea to turn their daily meetings into a TV show. One person said "no respectable network would air these trashy conversations" and then someone else said "that is why Fox exists".

x480

Sometimes when I am at the gym I catch what is on the televisions. Last night I happened to watch a little bit of TMZ.

If I'm not mistaken, this show is just about a group of people hating on people who are more attractive and successful than they are.

I imagine the show originated in an office, where a group of miserable co workers would regularly sit around a table and hate on people. One day someone came up with the bold idea to turn their daily meetings into a TV show. One person said "no respectable network would air these trashy conversations" and then someone else said "that is why Fox exists".

x480

I have never seen it, but I guess it exists as a counterpoint to all the shows like Cribs and The Kardashians, which are for people that worship those who are more attractive and successful than themselves.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely put myself more in the hater camp.

I worked in a building sometime ago that had BuzzFeed on one of its floors, it was mostly staffed by children.

It was a weird company........

It is a show version of those tabloids you used to see in the check out lines. That’s all it is. Bunch of people talking about other’s bad choices, or just making shit up. For people with nothing really going on in their own lives.

so basically the show is the ''it's not the size that matters it's how you use it'' of television

I had two friends who were Paparazzi's for TMZ for a while in the 2010's. All they did was hang out in DTLA hitting up Valets to see which famous people were in the clubs and wait outside to ask them questions. One of them was more pressing then the other and almost got beat up by guards a few times. They made good money but I still considered their job literal trash and would make fun of them. It gave them some good conversational bits with the ladies though, they ate that gossip shit up.

The greatest show since sliced bread.

TMZ has treated MMA fighters better than most sports or regular media.

Their basically a parody of Entertainment Tonight and shows of the same kind. They don't treat celebs like their shit don't stink. But they are also very relentless how like Inside Edition shows are.

I mostly like their stuff, but I don't tune in regularly.

I have never seen it, but I guess it exists as a counterpoint to all the shows like Cribs and The Kardashians, which are for people that worship those who are more attractive and successful than themselves.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely put myself more in the hater camp.

Definitely. There isn't anything wrong with hating celebrities, only the slim majority of which have earned their status for anything like a respectable reason.

Normalize hating celebrities.

Back