Can Volkanovski beat Islam on 2 weeks notice? [POLL]

Can Volk beat Islam on 2 weeks notice @UFC 294?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, with a proper camp - the fight was really close and Islam ended up getting the nod.

I personally thought Volkanovski had done enough to take it, but I can see Islam getting the decision.

Now that Olivera is out, Volk is in against Islam for a rematch.

My question is, can Volk really beat Islam on 2 weeks notice? That too in Abu Dhabi?

While I'm happy to see 2 fight again. I really wish it would have been a properly booked fight.

But hey, Bisping made it happen on short notice against Luke Rockhold though. That too with one eye.

Can Volk dethrone Islam in Abu Dhabi?

I’m picking Volk. Islam will make it tough but I think Volk will take over and win the final 3 rounds for a decision

If anyone could do it, it's Volk.

I hope Volk wins. Would breathe more life into LW division.

We still don't know if Islam improved since the last fight. But if Khabib is at his corner, it could change things.

I voted Yes, Volk can beat Islam... even if against logic. Cause Volk is Volk

giphy.gif

this is pointless. how does volk do this without a proper fight camp? he hasn't been training or breaking down strategy. no craig jones rolling. this is a pointless rematch and gamrot got fucked, the fans are getting fucked into thinking this is going to be good. i promise you, volk will not last the full five. he will not win. this is not the rematch to make at this point. how does that even make sense that volk wins without a fight camp? terrible decision by the UFC

Can he? Sure, he’s a top level fighter and one of the best right now. But short notice and having to travel across the world definitely make it a much more difficult task than it is to begin with.

Yes. (It’s just a yes and no question, guys). :)

With how upsets are this year I'd be shocked if Volk doesn't take it

I wouldn't count Volk out regardless of the circumstances. Dudes a beast and will have a chance in every fight he takes.

Only if he gets a flash KO early. Highly highly unlikely.

Volk always stands a chance, the only issue I see here is the short notice, Volk last time out had time to put on more weight/mass, this time he doesn't have that luxury and has probably been maintaining his weight and mass for FW as he was scheduled to fight Top.

Not sure if that will make a difference but it might.

It will be very hard coming in so late but Alex fought and almost beat Islam before. With that experience which made him a better fighter (his words) of course he can! He just needs to aim in the right spot this time and pull off a Bisping miracle again.

giphy.gif

ezgif-com-optimize-10.gif

If islam wins dont want to hear any shitty excuses, islam will be 2-0 over volk. He accepted the fights and its he own fault if he cant beat him.

Back