Can we talk about how competitive Jack was rolling with Gilbert Burns?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
He reversed Burns multiple times, hit a switch on him. To be clear Gilbert got the better of the grappling but Everyone said Jack was cooked if it got to the mat

Khamzat and Kamaru ducked the ground like the plague with Gilbert wanted zero to do with grappling. Jack who people constantly call a white belt and will get exposed rolled with the best BJJ WW, lost most scrambles but won the most important one and ended up KOing Burns right after.

Then he calls out boogeyman of division Shavkat. Balls of absolute steel. Jack has no fear.

He reversed Burns multiple times, hit a switch on him. To be clear Gilbert got the better of the grappling but Everyone said Jack was cooked if it got to the mat

Khamzat and Kamaru ducked the ground like the plague with Gilbert wanted zero to do with grappling. Jack who people constantly call a white belt and will get exposed rolled with the best BJJ WW, lost most scrambles but won the most important one and ended up KOing Burns right after.

Then he calls out boogeyman of division Shavkat. Balls of absolute steel. Jack has no fear.
Fairly standard Aussie MMA grappling there. Learn a few escapes and hope for the best. Props to escape but he called out the wrong guy. Shavkat will look two divisions bigger and sub him easy. Agreed though absolute balls of steel and props to put away a nasty fighter.

I'd rather see him fight Garry but he's ranked up with this so have to see how it goes. Crazy how he handles these guys too, looks to be the same fight size as Poirier

I think in the same way that takedown threats amplify stand-up, good lethal striking amplifies grappling of the striker because the grappler takes unusual risks to keep the fight on the ground or finish it because of fear of the stand-up.

Jack has shown promise on the ground before this fight. I wasn't to worried if Gilbert got him down, his defense was on point.

Jack has shown promise on the ground before this fight. I wasn't to worried if Gilbert got him down, his defense was on point.
Yeah, but his last fight he didn't look as good. Therefore he's a white belt. Isn't that the rule of MMA fandom, judge someone by their worst performances only?

Was pretty impressive.

Maybe Gilbert was sub hunting to aggressively but nonetheless he got up several times and had his hand up at the end.

Burns had him good in all 3 rounds, end of round 1 and 2, and in round 3 before the reversal. That was a great performance

Burns was just tired, once ur tired, everything looks sloppy, besides, so many elite bjj guys lack the secret sauce on the ground for some reason. It’s ironic how Ortega is one of few that pulls off submissions in MMA better than most World Champs or ADCC medalists.

Fairly standard Aussie MMA grappling there. Learn a few escapes and hope for the best. Props to escape but he called out the wrong guy. Shavkat will look two divisions bigger and sub him easy. Agreed though absolute balls of steel and props to put away a nasty fighter.

I'd rather see him fight Garry but he's ranked up with this so have to see how it goes. Crazy how he handles these guys too, looks to be the same fight size as Poirier

Jack looked clearly the bigger man in there with Burns and is enormous compared to Poirier. You need glasses buddy.

Back