Can you tell when water is near?

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone mention this and couldn't find anything about it on the internet. Let's see if Sherdog agrees. I can tell when water is near. River, lake, sea etc. I don't know how, it's some kind of primitive thing on the edge on consciousness. Even when I haven't been to a place before, the water isn't making a sound (or I have headphones on), there are no clues in birds or vegetation etc., there's no waterfall raising water droplets into the air, humans, or at least I have some way of knowing there's a body of water near. I can 'tell' what direction it's in, very roughly how big it is (this doesn't work for puddles etc., only large water features), and roughly how far away it is. I'm not sure what the maximum range is - I think it would depend on how big the body of water is. I think I could tell which way the sea is to maybe more than a mile. I've never really tested this ability to its limits.

The scientific explanation is probably I'm detecting miniscule invisible water droplets in my nose or something. I've only spoken to one person about this and she said she can tell when water is near too. Can you?

71R0BgSArhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

When I go abroad, far from the sea, I also 'miss' it. There's something 'missing' subconsciously which is a bit unsettling. In the UK where I'm from there are lots of rivers and of course you're never too far from the sea. There are also lots of lakes in some parts of the country. Lakes and big rivers are a decent substitute but still not completely satisfying.

I don't know why but there's something alluring about bodies of water, at least to many people. Maybe it's the Aquatic Ape theory or we just have instincts to hang out by water to drink/wash/catch fish. But you notice people like to take trips to the seaside/walk, run or cycle along rivers and lakes/hang out on the beach/surf etc. and can't really explain why.

28615012-8339235-Faye_Faybourne_17_left_and_Daisy_Sloane_16_from_Killingworth_on_-a-36_1589974907137.jpg

I've never heard anyone mention this and couldn't find anything about it on the internet. Let's see if Sherdog agrees. I can tell when water is near. River, lake, sea etc. I don't know how, it's some kind of primitive thing on the edge on consciousness. Even when I haven't been to a place before, the water isn't making a sound (or I have headphones on), there are no clues in birds or vegetation etc., there's no waterfall raising water droplets into the air, humans, or at least I have some way of knowing there's a body of water near. I can 'tell' what direction it's in, very roughly how big it is (this doesn't work for puddles etc., only large water features), and roughly how far away it is. I'm not sure what the maximum range is - I think it would depend on how big the body of water is. I think I could tell which way the sea is to maybe more than a mile. I've never really tested this ability to its limits.

The scientific explanation is probably I'm detecting miniscule invisible water droplets in my nose or something. I've only spoken to one person about this and she said she can tell when water is near too. Can you?

71R0BgSArhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

When I go abroad, far from the sea, I also 'miss' it. There's something 'missing' subconsciously which is a bit unsettling. In the UK where I'm from there are lots of rivers and of course you're never too far from the sea. There are also lots of lakes in some parts of the country. Lakes and big rivers are a decent substitute but still not completely satisfying.

I don't know why but there's something alluring about bodies of water, at least to many people. Maybe it's the Aquatic Ape theory or we just have instincts to hang out by water to drink/wash/catch fish. But you notice people like to take trips to the seaside/walk, run or cycle along rivers and lakes/hang out on the beach/surf etc. and can't really explain why.

28615012-8339235-Faye_Faybourne_17_left_and_Daisy_Sloane_16_from_Killingworth_on_-a-36_1589974907137.jpg
We have a Sherdog Aquaman here

I always know and it's because I know water runs down hill

Sea water smells salty and freshwater varies from lakes to rivers

thread jack

Now that you guys mention it, I think I might have this superpower as well. I'm still working on the model myself but my current testing involves looking for patterns regarding the volume of clothing in relation to the percentage of coverage over the scope of very attractive women's bodies. I think this ratio might have a propensity to indicate how I am able to find water so naturally.

I'm not sure if I have noticed that.

Perhaps you should learn how to use divination rods. It's very real but I'm not sure they can fully explain it yet.
Maybe you would excel at it

You can notice a change in the air once you get near enough a body of water. With the ocean is even easier because you can "smell" it

Although if you are in a dense tropical forest it's a lot harder to know where the river is. There a lot of stories about experience explorers getting lost at the Amazon once they leave sight of the river. And the river is your life line, once you lose track of it you are fucked

I'm not sure if I have noticed that.

Perhaps you should learn how to use divination rods. It's very real but I'm not sure they can fully explain it yet.
Maybe you would excel at it
Yeah they are legit, although like anything people's abilities on them vary. When we had to call the emergency water leak person out (about five or seven years ago, in a story I have told on here), she said that they use them. They're a bit shy about the public knowing officially though.

Similarly the Church of England has an official exorcist in every diocese (44), and although the Police tend to deny it it's well known they use psychics on cases they are struggling with sometimes.

MV5BNjI1NjEyOGQtZmU2OS00NzQ1LWJjYTMtMjcyZjBiZjRlNzBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzExMDg@._V1_.jpg

Unless there's a smell to it, I can't. Even step right in puddles when it rains and not on purpose.

Sometimes I can smell rain, but for the most part, unless I see it or hear it, I'm oblivious to it. What I can do is orient myself to true north with my eyes closed or blindfolded.

Never thought about but then again I've always lived near bodies of water but knew they were there anyway so in that sense yes. I can hear low frequency sounds and electrical sockets though.

I figured most people can. You can feel it in the air or atmosphere. You often times can also tell by the kinda birds you are seeing and hearing too.

Back