Canelo: Charlo, yes. Benavidez, yes. Plant, yes. Andrade, no.

Ye so instead of giving his opponent credit for forcing Canelo to lower his out put, lets pretend Canelo simply chose to do it and make the fight even, because he was so confident of stopping a top quality fighter in his first fight at 175. Plausible. /s

You are creative I give you that but I expect better from a 2001 user, come on dude.

Ye so instead of giving his opponent credit for forcing Canelo to lower his out put, lets pretend Canelo simply chose to do it and make the fight even, because he was so confident of stopping a top quality fighter in his first fight at 175. Plausible. /s

You are creative I give you that but I expect better from a 2001 user, come on dude.

Sadly, Kovalev didn’t commit much into his jabbing because he was afraid to plant his feet. It’s hardly an explanation as it wasn’t that bothering. As you’re confusing causes and effects, you really should watch the fight again.

And right, it’s so unlikely that the P4P top dog did his homework and noticed against Ward then Yarde how Kovalev was vulnerable to quality bodywork, then focused on it with all the power available to slow him down and lower his guard.

It’s no rocket science, really. No matter the join date, haters gonna hate, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm not a hater, Canelo is very good but its come to the point where he is being overrated and viewed at an ATG who 'can do it all' when in reality his record post Floyd is actually very questionable no nowhere near impressive at proclaimed. I still see flaws but he is rarely fighting top class opposition anymore. I pray he fights Benavidez as he's the most impressive fighter I have seen in many years.

I'm not a hater, Canelo is very good but its come to the point where he is being overrated and viewed at an ATG who 'can do it all' when in reality his record post Floyd is actually very questionable no nowhere near impressive at proclaimed. I still see flaws but he is rarely fighting top class opposition anymore. I pray he fights Benavidez as he's the most impressive fighter I have seen in many years.

I’d love a Benavidez fight provided David trains hard and smart, we certainly do agree on this. Most unpredictable fight for Ginger at 168.

Canelo also needs to set his feet, and usually just sits in the pocket waiting to counter. Go watch the Kovalev fight again which was an even fight at the time of stoppage where Canelo struggled to get past a weak jab and barely any power punches thrown from a shot opponent then try and picture him standing infront of Benavidez like that. Huge trouble.

That was not an even fight. Kovalev was throwing a weak jab in volume. But far from an even fight. Canelo, by designed, was countering. Blew him away in power punches and accuracy. There’s an intentional economy in what Canelo does.

BD39C5DF-4B9A-4374-8CAD-E2FC1D82EB62.jpeg

To beat Canelo you have to have exceptional defense like Floyd or Lara. Anyone not named GGG that stands in front of Canelo is a fool. Does Benavidez actually do anything better than Canelo? One thing...? I think not.

Last edited:
So a fighter changing strategy = a fighter can do it all?

lul a whole bunch of statements with zero to back them, up. He lacks in foot speed and out put and fights in bursts, something that he has never or will ever change which is why he struggles against slick boxers Very arguably lost both GGG fights, and the Lara fight, so his best undisputed win since Floyd was probably a worn down Cotto.

You might be one of those whose idea of footwork or quick feet is someone dancing around a ring. If that’s the case, you might not know what you’re watching. Canelo has some of the best footwork inside the pocket as he pivots defensively or sidesteps to counter. He is by design a power counter puncher, so he sets his feet. But his defense is not predicated on upper body movement alone.

Goldenboy to BENAVIDEZ : NO!
GoldenBoy to Charlo: NO!

We rather canelo beat up some amateurs while we steal the fans money :)

Last edited:
Goldenboy to BENAVIDEZ : NO!
GoldenBoy to Charlo: NO!

We rather canelo beat up some amateurs while we steal the fans money :)

You might want to update yourself on the current state of boxing my friend. Canelo is a free agent.

Maybe when he finishes beating up greats like Avni Yildrim, Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith and a shot Kovalev.

Nothing wrong with Callum Smith. Yildrim is about the same level as Dirrell at this point.

Does Benavidez actually do anything better than Canelo? One thing...? I think not.
Apart from being much bigger and faster, and higher work rate?

Nothing wrong with Callum Smith. Yildrim is about the same level as Dirrell at this point.

Dirrel had only one loss 4 years before he fought Benavidez, you have no justification on dismissing him. The irony is that you criticize the dirrel fight when Canelo just recently fought Yildrim.

That was not an even fight. Kovalev was throwing a weak jab in volume. But far from an even fight. Canelo, by designed, was countering. Blew him away in power punches and accuracy. There’s an intentional economy in what Canelo does.

View attachment 852434

To beat Canelo you have to have exceptional defense like Floyd or Lara. Anyone not named GGG that stands in front of Canelo is a fool. Does Benavidez actually do anything better than Canelo? One thing...? I think not.
Floyd yes, Lara no.
Canelo knows how to do what the judges want to see, thats why he beats a guy like Lara, who seemingly outclasses him at times. His ring IQ is simply higher in terms of how to win.
Thats why if this fight this weekend goes to the cards, there'll be people who think BJS won becasue he'll have made Canelo look limited at times but unable to take the risks that will cause to judges to swing rounds his way.

You might be one of those whose idea of footwork or quick feet is someone dancing around a ring. If that’s the case, you might not know what you’re watching. Canelo has some of the best footwork inside the pocket as he pivots defensively or sidesteps to counter. He is by design a power counter puncher, so he sets his feet. But his defense is not predicated on upper body movement alone.

Rewatch the Kirkland fight and look how often he managed to smother Canelo against the ropes and put it on him while Canelo was just turtling up and taking the shots, and Kirkland is a very slow and sloppy puncher. Thats not what a fleet footed fighter lets happen. I guess this is where you say Canelo chose to do that. Canelo was blowing hard after only 3 rounds. If he does that against a 6'2 combination power puncher with speed he won't last long.

Apart from being much bigger and faster, and higher work rate?

Bigger and faster are attributes, not skills. A higher work rate is a matter of style/approach, not a skill. Most Canelo opponents have higher work rates—he’s a counter puncher by design. My question is the same, what does Benavidez actually do better than Canelo?

Floyd yes, Lara no.
Canelo knows how to do what the judges want to see, thats why he beats a guy like Lara, who seemingly outclasses him at times. His ring IQ is simply higher in terms of how to win.
Thats why if this fight this weekend goes to the cards, there'll be people who think BJS won becasue he'll have made Canelo look limited at times but unable to take the risks that will cause to judges to swing rounds his way.

Ah ok and I suppose he used that super high ring IQ when one judge gave him a draw vs Floyd. Your mental gymnastics to justify laughably biased judging is commendable.

Ah ok and I suppose he used that super high ring IQ when one judge gave him a draw vs Floyd. Your mental gymnastics to justify laughably biased judging is commendable.
Why are you being so pissy and smarmy?

I literally said "Floyd, no." Floyd had the highest ring IQ in the game. Comparing a guy like Lara to Floyd is a joke.

Floyd yes, Lara no.

I’m onboard with most of this. I think he does more than just showing the judges what they want to see. He was stalking Lara for the majority of the fight. It’s just that Lara was not trying to engage at all. For me, showing the judges what they want to see is more like what Sugar Ray Leonard did against Hagler at the end of the rounds. In Canelo/GGG 2, GGG was the boxer and Canelo was the puncher. But I do agree with a lot of what you said.

Bigger and faster are attributes, not skills. A higher work rate is a matter of style/approach, not a skill. Most Canelo opponents have higher work rates—he’s a counter puncher by design. My question is the same, what does Benavidez actually do better than Canelo?

I don't see the point of ignoring attributes when comparing fighters, we judge them as a package. Canelo has better defense but that's the only advantage he has imo , and has a bunch of disadvantages, namely being much smaller. Of course size does not matter when you fight power puffs like Smith but against a monster who has no fear, its a big problem.

Rewatch the Kirkland fight and look how often he managed to smother Canelo against the ropes and put it on him while Canelo was just turtling up and taking the shots, and Kirkland is a very slow and sloppy puncher. Thats not what a fleet footed fighter lets happen. I guess this is where you say Canelo chose to do that. Canelo was blowing hard after only 3 rounds. If he does that against a 6'2 combination power puncher with speed he won't last long.

He was 24 years old then. Dude is in his prime now. Even his haters have to acknowledge how he’s improved in the last 5 years.

Why are you being so pissy and smarmy?

I literally said "Floyd, no." Floyd had the highest ring IQ in the game. Comparing a guy like Lara to Floyd is a joke.

My point was I think Canelo gets favored from judges because they are very biased not because he is using some super high level ring IQ to genuinely win rounds. You really think its a co incidence so many people are always shocked at so many of his score cards, as if they don't understand boxing when it comes to Canelo? Come on..

Back