Media Canelo - "MMA fighters know why they get paid less"

Boxing's a superior sport
200w.gif

Makes sense. Boxing's a superior sport with superior athletes that gets superior viewership.

Yes, two guys who would get taken down and stopped within minutes by D tier MMA fighters, enter the ring, both in their mid 30s and 5 years late, at the top of a card that features a bunch of prospects inflating their records with no hopers and people paid to dive, the bell rings, they jab at each other for 36 minutes, no knockdowns, no visible damage, fight keeps stopping every 3 minutes, they go to the judges and the guy that won gets fucked anyway. Afterwards you hear that one of them has slipped into a coma and is dead now even though to the naked eye fuck all of note happened in the fight. Tune in next week to watch a Youtuber fight a 40 year old MMA fighter.

Absolutely superior. I have no idea how MMA gained so much ground on it so quickly.

Yes, two guys who would get taken down and stopped within minutes by D tier MMA fighters, enter the ring, both in their mid 30s and 5 years late, at the top of a card that features a bunch of prospects inflating their records with no hopers and people paid to dive, the bell rings, they jab at each other for 36 minutes, no knockdowns, no visible damage, fight keeps stopping every 3 minutes, they go to the judges and the guy that won gets fucked anyway. Afterwards you hear that one of them has slipped into a coma and is dead now even though to the naked eye fuck all of note happened in the fight. Tune in next week to watch a Youtuber fight a 40 year old MMA fighter.

Absolutely superior. I have no idea how MMA gained so much ground on it so quickly.

Imagine going to a bar and seeing Dillon Danis in a chokehold by a bouncer and walking away from that going "Yea I want to become an MMA fighter".
Or going to a nice night out in Hawaii and seeing some fat man with his shirt off shelling BJ Penn into the ground.
Makes you really want to learn how to do figure four leg locks and all that nonsense now doesn't it?

How much did the boxing PPV sell? Did he get a cut of the PPV too on top of 45 million?

Usman made more than 500k if he got a cut of the PPV, but damn, nowhere near that.

Imagine going to a bar and seeing Dillon Danis in a chokehold by a bouncer and walking away from that going "Yea I want to become an MMA fighter"

They step into the ring, the commentators and fans jerking themselves off about how it cost the GDP of a small country to get these two shitheads to finally fight each other even though they've been ranked 1 and 2 in the division for a decade. This fight is brought to you by who the fuck knows like 5 different promotions I guess. The ring announcer takes 15 minutes to tell you how many belts are on the line, and another 5 to describe the shorts the fighters are wearing like they're in a fashion show, then we wait another 20 minutes for them to play 8 different national anthems. The first 5 rows of the crowd are occupied exclusively by 80 year old millionaires who are only watching because of their nostalgia for shit that happened in the 1970s, the rest of the crowd is Mexican and only watching because they're nationalistic, mariachi music plays between rounds. The bell sounds and one guy rushes forward, launches a flying knee and KOs his opponent stiff in 5 seconds, the crowd are in awe......oh wait, that last bit is MMA. Sorry.

Last edited:
I think Usman more realistically made 2-5m to be fair (low end estimate). We know he got a cut of the PPV, we just don't know how exactly his contract is structured as to how much of a cut he gets. Canelo is the highest paid athlete in boxing but boxings pay structure is pretty volatile, events often lose money paying headliners such high sums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back