Cannonier, UFC main event fighter - "I'm broke"

Dana White and his friends are selfish and greedy if they will gamble $75,000 in poker but won't give a $75,000 bonus to fighters.

Shocking that a guy who hadn't worked in a year and moved his family across the continent has no money.

The amount of money that is brought on through the other sports is much higher than in the UFC.

True, but no way does Dana White have a 500 million dollar net worth from his work in the UFC without screwing the fighters over to some significant degree.

This IS his full time job.

he had to train every day.

He can’t just show up to the fight.

It’s harder than being a plumber or a construction supervisor and it pays less.

He didn’t train 365 days out of the year for one fight. Maybe he should become a plumber or a construction supervisor then. Oh that’s right he doesn’t have the necessary skills for those jobs.

Why is that sad? People like to spend beyond their means. Why should anyone feel bad for those types of people?
Learn how to manage your money like most people do that are trying to get ahead in life.

What would fighter pay work out to be if they fought 30 times per year?

And pay as a proportion of revenue is irrelevant, UFC doesn’t have the profit margins to pay those numbers, they would be bankrupt within a year if they tried to do so

They are quite profitable despite their massive debt. They would normally pay way more for a fight night than this one (despite this being one of the better fight night cards). They could make a massive different to fighter pay without paying out that much more by raising the pay of people lower in the card to make it flatter.

Cannonier being a main event fight you would expect could make a good living on a single fight a year (although obviously lower than would be normal as the average UFC fighter probably fights twice a year). To do that including taxes and camp costs he would need to be getting 250/250 minimum IMO.

He didn’t train 365 days out of the year for one fight. Maybe he should become a plumber or a construction supervisor then. Oh that’s right he doesn’t have the necessary skills for those jobs.

There ARE UFC fighters who left the UFC and got regular blue collar jobs.

Sean Sherk and Ed Herman became construction workers and house flippers.

Al Iaquinta sells real estate.

I don’t think anyone in any other sport does that.

These are main event guys.

Hey MikeyB, go ahead and train in free gyms for a year or twelve and let me know when you win a title, you fucking putz.

I'm not Jarrod Cannonier. Dude shouldn't be paying gym fees. At minimum he could teach a class. You're trying tell me he can't fit that in?

Seriously, there's a real weird disconnect with this stuff. The school is making a ton of money off the fact Cannonier is there.

This notion that these guys are paying half their purse to train is absurd. If they are, it's kind of stupid .

It's not like American Top Team of Henzo Gracie survives off those top guys anyway. It's the ham and Eggers that fill the regular classes. Which go there because of the shine the ufc guys put on those schools.

On another note, can't they just write all this off anyway. They're independent contractors right?

UFC should paid fighter according to the rank too

Not entirely according to attraction or click they make

There ARE UFC fighters who left the UFC and got regular blue collar jobs.

Sean Sherk and Ed Herman became construction workers and house flippers.

Al Iaquinta sells real estate.

I don’t think anyone in any other sport does that.

These are main event guys.

You should really check out how minor league baseball players have it then. And lol at Ed Herman being a main event guy. What card did he ever headline?

Meh

You could pay some guys 1 million dollars and they'd still be broke

Happens to NFL players all the time

Hell, Evander Kane in the NHL is broke too, and he's made about $56 million over his career
NFL players dont have to pay their coaches, camp, supplements, etc.

Well, he's had one fight in 2021 and one fight in 2020, he's not exactly super active. Perhaps if he fought double that would be in a better position.

Was headlined by Kenny Florian vs. Sam Stout but keep proving what a moron you are.

You don’t have to be a dick about it.

I forgot. It was like 15 years ago.

Anyway most people feel like UFC fighters should get paid more then regular people do at regular jobs.

a few of them do, but most of them are middle class, even some top 10 guys.

They are quite profitable despite their massive debt. They would normally pay way more for a fight night than this one (despite this being one of the better fight night cards). They could make a massive different to fighter pay without paying out that much more by raising the pay of people lower in the card to make it flatter.

Cannonier being a main event fight you would expect could make a good living on a single fight a year (although obviously lower than would be normal as the average UFC fighter probably fights twice a year). To do that including taxes and camp costs he would need to be getting 250/250 minimum IMO.

I thought their profit margin was less than 20% memory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back