"carb blockers" - do they work?

Some of you people need to read posts before replying, and a lot of you need to calm the [bleep] down lol, you're an easily agitated bunch.

When did I say I was a fat guy looking to lose weight easily, or have this so I could gobble down junk food all day... you're all making assumptions; do you always think the worst of people? If this works it sounds like a handy little helper since you can't always control the meals you're being served.

And I didn't say proteins or anything are an unfair advantage; but almost all of you use supplements to aid with something, and I don't see how this one is worse than any other.

Honestly man, I wasn't responding to you. It's a legitimate question to ask if these work. The original source of irritation for the people on the board is that the only reason that there are these products is the fact that fat people want an easy way out (and wont even put in enough research to see that they aren't gonna work) and it's all part of an epidemic of laziness and lack of holding people responsible for their own actions.

I was responding to the people bitching and moaning about not everybody has the same will power or the same upbringing. Statements like that are what irritate me because they display peoples unwillingness to accept responsibility for their own actions (It's not their fault they are fat, it's their upbringing).

Like I said before, if you are going to eat something high glycemic atleast eat other slower digesting foods along with it (Fiber being a great choice) to slow the overall digestion and thereby overall glycemic index. You'll still obsorb the carbs but the resulting insulin spike won't be as dramatic. Chances are if the pills do anything this is what they do.

I'm curious...why would you want to block carbs? carbs are the only energy source used by your brain and you need carbohydrates to burn fat. If you are concerned with carbs eat more whole grain carbs and limit carbs later in the night to more fibrous ones like dark green veggies. Those carb blocking pills are b.s.

Back