Economy Carbon tax hike takes effect today,Trudeau slams Liberal premiers Over criticism of carbon tax

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The Canadian Carbon Tax is set to take effect today.
According to CTV News
The 23% Carbon Tax is set to go up every year until the end of decade.

Its not surprising that most local Media outlets like CityNews, CP24 BT decided to jump on the bandwagon and defend Trudeau's Carbon Tax.
expect higher gas prices because of the carbon tax this month in most provinces of Canada.

Carbon tax hike takes effect today

Trudeau had decided instated of debating with other Liberal premiers over Trudeau's Carbon tax. Trudeau attacked Liberal premiers who wanted a meeting with Trudeau.
Over his Carbon tax.

Trudeau accused the Newfoundland premier of playing "politics"
In Ontario the Ontario Liberals distancing themselves from Justin Trudeau's Carbon tax.

PM defends carbon tax
Newfoundland's premier asks Trudeau for meeting to discuss carbon price alternatives

At around noon Monday, dozens of people were gathered on Parliament Hill, some waving "axe the tax" signs, while others draped themselves in Canadian flags or expletive-laced messages about the prime minister.

Gonna be funny watching him desperately try to promise that he'll cut it when election season rolls around...

If he doesn't drop out, it's gonna get ugly. His party knows that they will be tied to this wholly unpopular shit, once he loses. He's burning them all down, and they know it.

You forgot to mention that Trudeau also gave himself a raise, starting today.

That being said, the Liberals are employing both a carbon tax and business suffocating carbon regulations, and If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the tax.

Let Canadians see what their governments net zero aspirations are really costing them.

This article by Ross McKitrick is excellent:
Pierre Poilievre is leading anti-carbon tax rallies around the country, ginning up support for an old-fashioned tax revolt. In response, Justin Trudeau went to Calgary and trumpeted — believe it or not! — his love of free markets. After explaining the economic logic of using a carbon tax to reduce greenhouse gases, the prime minister slammed regulatory approaches, which, he said, “all involve the heavy hand of government. I prefer a cleaner solution, a market-based solution and that is, if you’re behaving in a way that causes pollution, you should pay.” He added that the Conservatives would instead rely on the “heavy hand of government through regulation and subsidies to pick winners and losers in the economy as opposed to trusting the market.”

Amen to all that! But someone should tell Trudeau that his own government’s Emission Reduction Plan mainly consists of heavy-handed regulations, subsidies, mandates and winner-picking grants. Within its 240 pages one does find a carbon tax. But also 139 additional policies, including Clean Fuels Regulations, an electric vehicle mandate that will ban gasoline cars by 2035, aggressive fuel economy standards that will hike such cars’ cost in the meantime, costly new emission targets specifically for oil and gas, agriculture, heavy industry and waste management, onerous new energy efficiency requirements both for new buildings and renovations of existing buildings, new electricity grid requirements, and page upon page of subsidy funds for “clean technology” firms and other would-be winners in the sunlit uplands of the new green economy.

Does Trudeau oppose any of that? Hardly. But the economic logic of a carbon tax only applies when it is used on its own. He doesn’t get to boast about the elegance of market mechanisms on behalf of a policy package that starts with a price signal then destroys it with a massive regulatory apparatus. ...

Last edited:
it's like an extra buck on a 100 dollars worth of gas. You dorks don't get up in arms when oil companies jack prices.
tenor.gif

Why should Canadians shoulder the BS of India and China's unregulated manufacturing industries?

that piece of shit sees people as commoners and has nothing but contempt for them....and they'll keep voting for him.

The Great Reset is the deiberate bankrupting of the middle class into permanent serfdom that libs swore wasn't happening.

'Secret' RCMP report forecasts a bleak future in Canada​

"The coming period of recession will also accelerate the decline in living standards that the younger generations have already witnessed compared to earlier generations," the nine-page report predicts in a section titled "Popular Resentment."

It goes on to state that "many Canadians under 35 are unlikely ever to be able to buy a place to live."

"The fallout from this decline in living standards will be exacerbated by the fact that the difference between the extremes of wealth is greater now in developed countries than it has been at any time in several generations,"
the report adds.

200w.gif

Everything that requires fuel to be shipped will also increase in price, then we'll be charged 13% extra Federal sales tax on that extra carbon tax as well. OnLy A feW BucKs.
That's the whole point, its to deter large companies from using processes that emit lots of carbon. How do you suggest we deal with climate change?

200 economists wrote that this is stupid.

Hmm who to believe, economicists or some loudmouth populist idiot?

Lmao. Again, tell me you are fucking retarded without telling me you are retarded but this time do it with out posting a opinion piece from the fucking Toronto Star lmao

That's the whole point, its to deter large companies from using processes that emit lots of carbon.

doesn't deter shit, they just pass the buck until it hits consumers in the face.

How do you suggest we deal with climate change?

anything that doesn't bankrupt the middle class into permanent poverty. also "climate change" lol.

Last edited:
That's the whole point, its to deter large companies from using processes that emit lots of carbon. How do you suggest we deal with climate change?
Then why are citizens being taxed up the ass if the point is to deter large companies?

I can not believe I am living in a world where people are actually trying to justify being taxed up the ass.

I guess people will be able to access products that are manufactured within biking or walking distance. Need formula for your baby, sorry we can't ship it there from 300 miles away. Deter large companies by punishing the common man?

How do you suggest we deal with climate change?

this is the solution to "cLiMatE chaNgE"? significant decline in living standards, rampant homelessness, shelters, and food banks?

"The coming period of recession will also accelerate the decline in living standards that the younger generations have already witnessed compared to earlier generations," the nine-page report predicts in a section titled "Popular Resentment."

It goes on to state that "many Canadians under 35 are unlikely ever to be able to buy a place to live."

"The fallout from this decline in living standards will be exacerbated by the fact that the difference between the extremes of wealth is greater now in developed countries than it has been at any time in several generations,"
the report adds.

fucker nearly doubled the cost of housing in less than 10 years. you're a disgrace dude, or totally clueless.

Canada-house-price-CREA-2023-04-14-Total.png

this is the solution to "cLiMatE chaNgE"? significant decline in living standards, rampant homelessness, shelters, and food banks?

the report adds.

fucker nearly doubled the cost of housing in less than 10 years. you're a disgrace dude, or totally clueless.

Canada-house-price-CREA-2023-04-14-Total.png
When I was 8-9 years old, I was trying to convince my parents to buy me the Atari 2600 gaming console, they said it was too much money. I replied "Well why don't you just swipe the Visa and that's that". I never realized that money had to actually be paid back. That's Truedope till this day.

Lmao. Again, tell me you are fucking retarded without telling me you are retarded but this time do it with out posting a opinion piece from the fucking Toronto Star lmao
why aren't all these economists lining up to trash this then?

Good job ignoring arguments and going straight to hurling insults.

Back