International Caribbean countries to seek $33 trillion in slavery reparations

Don't worry y'all
Billy McFarland is ready to solve ALL of the Caribbean's problems. He's someone you can count on!

65095395-0-image-a-27_1669826572091.jpg

Go get it from the people who sold people into slavery then.

if you are targeting drug users not drug suppliers you've fucked up.

You aim at the producers and the suppliers , not the recipient's.

The process of abolishing slavery across the whole of the British Empire was completed by 1833. The British government paid 20 million pounds ( as compensation for loss of property to those who owned other people/ slaves. This accounted for almost 40% of the treasury’s income and the government had to take out loans to pay the owners of slaves, rather than pay reparations to slaves themselves.

Yeah fucked up right ? I agree.. Slaves definitely deserved assistance apon release. But that times long gone.

So the country that payed for all those slaves freedoms.... is to blame for slavery?

The country that literally stamped out slavery globally.... and bought slaves their freedoms..... is to blame for slavery? And now owes more to the ancestors of those who were freed? What the ?

Slavery Abolition Act, (1833), in British history, act of Parliament that abolished slavery in most British colonies, freeing more than 800,000 enslaved Africans in the Caribbean and South Africa as well as a small number in Canada. It received Royal Assent on August 28, 1833, and took effect on August 1, 1834.26 Sept 2023

My ancestors were shipped across the world in chains as well. Forced into hard labour... Am I entitled to reparations? Of course not.

Whether it was during 1600 A.D. or 3700 B.C. ….. At one point in history or another every one of us descended from someone that was a slave.

Sure. Give it to them. They aren't asking America for it so I don't care.

I wish CNN would have Don Lemon back on to talk about this.

Edit. Post made no sense

Last edited:
Which part of Europe? I get the desire for deflection. But if you think pinning it on Europe somehow will absolve America from the repercussions of this you're quite naive. It will just create a precedent that eventually will turn towards the states.

England already bought slaves their freedoms well before slavery was abolished in America.

The vast majority of European nations had outlawed slavery well before the Americas....

So... why is it Europe's issue ?

1803 Denmark-Norway becomes the first country in Europe to ban the African slave trade, forbidding trading in slaves and ending the importation of slaves into Danish dominions. 1807 The British Parliament makes it illegal for British ships to transport slaves and for British colonies to import them.

Portugal was one of the first European countries to prohibit the entry of slaves, but also one of the last to abolish, in 1869, slavery in its colonies.

I don't understand why you think Europe should pay reparations and the americas shouldn't if you think reparations are legitimate?

Brazil abolished slavery in 1888.....

But it's somehow only Europe that should pay reparations?

Despite it being outlawed by the majority of Europe far before the Americas, south and north....

Without the abolition movement to stop the trade of slaves , slavery was as old as humanity itself. Slavery was the norm... regardless the culture. It was so normalised that even some of the greatest philosophers and forefather’s of democracy didn't think twice about slavery.

It was worldwide, it was the norm for all humanity. Untill the Abolitionists went against slavery and put a end to it. Pretty much every culture.... be it native American.. Asian Polynesian. European. African , Arabian etc ... slavery was the norm...

ditto all religions. Christianity. Islam. Hindu . Bhuddist . Ancient Greek. Rome. Egyptian . Celts. Etc etc etc. All of them accepted slavery as it was the norm.

Of course it wasn't all for humanitarian reasons, England used it as a club to reign in Portugal and brazil. As well as countless other smaller nations.

Nobody owes reparations imo. Bad shit happened in the past to countless ethnicities regardless of pigment, and unfortunately bad shit will happen again without a doubt.

Do you believe the sins of the past are the responsibility of the present? and reparations are legitimate ?

If so your pro reparations? For Europe

but no reparations owed by the Americas?

I fail to see how you can put it on the actual nation(s) who put a end to slavery yet absolve the nation's who maintained legitimate slavery for longer.

Yea let’s ignore the fact that Europe was bringing over slaves for roughly 250 years before America declared its independence. Fuck reparations but lol at your bullshit.

When are whites going to have reparations from North African countries who enslaved whites? Oh that's right, whites have never been enslaved! That's right, the whities INVENTED slavery!!!
The amount of American blacks that actually believe that Caucasians invented slavery is incredible!!!

Yea let’s ignore the fact that Europe was bringing over slaves for roughly 250 years before America declared its independence. Fuck reparations but lol at your bullshit.

You completely missed my point mate...

We agree reparations are bs. You put up a wall of bs trying to exonerate the very people who started the atlantic slave trade

Back