Carlos Barreto suggests Khabib Nurmagomedov could win 170-pound title

f8af41b7760f68424deccf507f899f8e.gif

triple-h-entrance.gif
Geysers

no, i don’t want to see him come back. we all know it would be similar to how gsp did it, coming back to face a cherry picked weak champ, then immediately retire again. it adds nothing to his legacy imo.

Maybe he should have tried to do it instead of retiring in his prime (´_ゝ`)

I say go for it.

To all those who think Khabib is the GOAT, this would be an actual chance to go out and do something truly "Great" to prove it.
Personally I think he goes 0-3 against these guys but it would be fun to see. If he does manage to pull it off then most would be willing to concede that he deserves to the very top of the GOAT candidates.

He even wanted GSP to fight at 155. Thats pathetic.
Maaan, more pathetic than watching some romantic vampire teenage-girl story with a badass called "Klaus" and making a serious thread about it calling it great?!

<36>

Why are you saying 170-205? The Title pretty clearly states 170. Edwards is not on Khabib's level wrestling wise and if Khabib bulked up a little bit, i could see him mauling Leon. And i bet Khabib would have a better chance of taking Alex down numerous times than Alex would have of hurting Khabib with leg kicks enough to make him quit.

Please never gamble.

title says he "could"

pretty sure all of us could agree that he could
if alex can win a title being given favorable match ups

no doubt khabib can

I say go for it.

To all those who think Khabib is the GOAT, this would be an actual chance to go out and do something truly "Great" to prove it.
Personally I think he goes 0-3 against these guys but it would be fun to see. If he does manage to pull it off then most would be willing to concede that he deserves to the very top of the GOAT candidates.
i don’t think it helps his legacy unless he does it for an extended period. sure khabib could manage to beat one of these mediocre, one-dimensional “champions” that occasionally find themselves with a belt. but often it’s the relatively unknown and unheralded challengers that pose the biggest risk. for example, volk fighting topuria—a guy very few people even thought about a year ago. a true p4p great knocks off a long list of these challengers before riding off into the sunset. i don’t think khabib has it in him. he enjoys being revered as a god amongst his fanbase. why risk it?

Khabib is fighting russian donuts

and when he was active he made sure to stay away from wrestlers at 170

so this is just plain nonsense talk that means nothing

Edwards? Possibly, still a tough fight. Izzy and Perreira?? Mismatch, it would look like a kid vs an adult. You got 30-40 lbs weight difference.

Oh wow, someone thinks a dominant champion could move up?

This guy would rather risk death than go up a weight class.

No chance this weight bully would even consider fighting someone bigger than him.

He ran away from the sport anyways.

Why couldn’t he win the 170 pound title? Khabib was what, 176-177? Leons coach said he’s 185. The cardio advantage would offset the weight khabib would have to gain. what grapplers has Leon nullified? Usman? Usman doesn’t submit people, and he’s an american wrestler type, not a sambo style takedown artist that draws from all grappling styles. He has one submission 8 years ago.
Colby? Overrated, has been for years, and still got Leon down. Last 3 wins are guys on 2 fight losing streaks. I personally don’t think he beat RDA for what my opinions worth.
Leon is susceptible to slowing down. He’s been rocked before too. He (atleast officially) lost the last 2 rounds to a cerrone that just came off a 3 fight losing streak including getting finished 2 times

its not a given khabib beats him obviously but the hate the guy gets when he’s lost like 2 rounds in his career total is insane

Khabib beats everyone at 170 with ease.

He was a generational talent. One of the greatest to ever do it.
Careful, you’ll upset the people that irrationally hate the guy for “weight bullying” when he weighed less than guys like felder chandler and dober

Back