Carnivore diet for injury recovery?

FStep

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have a bad rib injury (got it 2 weeks ago) and a fight now 8 weeks away (so camp just started). The injury is basically keeping me from doing anything at full speed.. I was considering doing a carnivore diet for 1 month to help with recovery. I heard it helps a lot with inflamation and healing. Anyone who has actually tried it have any thoughts or any better alternatives?

I have a bad rib injury (got it 2 weeks ago) and a fight now 8 weeks away (so camp just started). The injury is basically keeping me from doing anything at full speed.. I was considering doing a carnivore diet for 1 month to help with recovery. I heard it helps a lot with inflamation and healing. Anyone who has actually tried it have any thoughts or any better alternatives?
I used to have terrible arthritis that went away completely when I cut out gluten and soy and began eating more animal products. I like carbs too much to go full carnivore but my joints feel perfect now in my 40s on a meat heavy diet.

That's The Mikayla Peterson grift diet.

Almost all diets used by high performance athletes involve going vegetarian or vegan.

I had some chronic tendinitis that healed 3 weeks into a keto diet. I dealt with that shit for over a year and a half and was faithful with my PT/rehab exercises with little improvement. In some of my own self study I've seen that low carb diets in general can modify parts of your inflammatory response when injured. Did my injury spontaneously recover after 14 months of corrective exercise and physical agents/modalities? Possibly. Did staying in ketosis for nearly a month play a role in that? Also possible. I can't say for sure. But what I can say is it's worth a try.

I've been dealing with some facet joint syndrome for the last 2 months so I'm going to lower my carb/sugar intake again to see if it has similar results that I experienced before.

You indeed need protein for repair but I wouldn't go full carnivore as you also need carb for the protein to work properly. Going full carnivore would also increase the acidity of your stomach and blood flow and therefore also inflammation which I wouldn't recommend.

You just need tons of fresh vegetables and fruits alongside some good source protein to make a full recovery as well as proper hydration with minerals, this will also keep your acidity levels rather neutral or alkaline which is preferred when having inflammation like injured ribs or bruises.

That's The Mikayla Peterson grift diet.

Up until a few years ago I had no horse in this race. It was by unintentional sequence of events that had me eating only meat… which included spending time with my father in who only had steaks for us to eat (which at the time struck me as absurd).

But it resulted in minimal asthma symptoms for me, morning ankle stiffness that was completely gone, my mind upon waking was not doing it’s typical racing thought theater. This was only after a pretty brief time. I was kind of shocked by what had happened. I didn’t stick with it full time,,, but when I do attempt it those results are consistent.

Do you think she’s just a grifter? Or do you think the diet doesn’t actually help anyone?

Rib injuries usually take 6-8 weeks to heal under good circumstances. If it's minor and you can move and train without discomfort that'd be one thing. But if you have pain with basic movements, core rotation, sitting up out of bed, and weight bearing exercises you have two options.

1) rest and light training if you can tolerate it for 8 weeks

2) pull out of the fight now and rest it for 8 weeks before going back to full training

Up until a few years ago I had no horse in this race. It was by unintentional sequence of events that had me eating only meat… which included spending time with my father in who only had steaks for us to eat (which at the time struck me as absurd).

But it resulted in minimal asthma symptoms for me, morning ankle stiffness that was completely gone, my mind upon waking was not doing it’s typical racing thought theater. This was only after a pretty brief time. I was kind of shocked by what had happened. I didn’t stick with it full time,,, but when I do attempt it those results are consistent.

Interesting.

I have never done it. To be fair, I likely was skeptical of the character promoting it.

Do you think she’s just a grifter? Or do you think the diet doesn’t actually help anyone?

She flew out to see the Romanian sex trafficker from South Park <Lmaoo>While her father was on his death bed.
[SPOILE]
479742_7402462_updates.jpg
<Moves>
[/SPOILER]
I like the tates. I am kidding. Shes a walking red pill. Deplorable human being and grift she's playing.

Some of these acute injuries are self limiting. With time it will get better.

Carnivore diet is essentially an elimination diet + Keto. Add chicken, fish, pork. And then add veggies like broccoli, broccoli sprouts, kale, carrots, cauliflower.
And boom, you have the carnivore diet but it’s 1000x times healthier.

If you feel like keto sucks, add some potatoes, rice, oats, cucumbers, berries, and now you have a complete diet that doesn’t involve only steak.

I don't see why anyone would not eat vegetables and fruits

Carnivore diet is essentially an elimination diet + Keto. Add chicken, fish, pork. And then add veggies like broccoli, broccoli sprouts, kale, carrots, cauliflower.
And boom, you have the carnivore diet but it’s 1000x times healthier.

If you feel like keto sucks, add some potatoes, rice, oats, cucumbers, berries, and now you have a complete diet that doesn’t involve only steak.
One of the early advocates of carnivore changed his mind on some stuff. I have to have carbs sometimes. My job is super active and I feel horrible without them.

Back