Cat Zingano a free agent

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
After seven fights under the promotion’s banner, Cat Zingano no longer is a member of the UFC

Two persons with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie of the release. The persons asked to remain anonymous since the UFC has yet to make an official announcement, and typically does not make official statements about fighters who are cut.

A former women’s bantamweight title challenger, Zingano (10-4 MMA, 3-4 UFC) competed in the UFC from April 2013 until her most recent fight in December 2018.

She would make a great addition to Bellator's 145 pound division.

If Cyborg beats Budd, then we can finally have Zingano vs Cyborg in Bellator. Hoo boy.

Should face Budd right off the bat... if Bellator picks her up.

She's had it rough. She looked like she was gonna be a big deal and then her husband died, injury and Ronda smoked her and she never got to where most thought she'd be.

Bellator is only place to go, I mean Invicta has BW div but makes more sense to stay at FW and go to Bellator.

I always knew her as the chick that would be sexy if she wasn't all buffed out. Wait, that's quite a few of them.

Could be a contender in either the PFL or Bellator, seeing how weak 145/155 are, but I don't think she'll touch either belt tbh.

She's probably had the worst decline out of all the Ronda era contenders.

Could be a contender in either the PFL or Bellator, seeing how weak 145/155 are, but I don't think she'll touch either belt tbh.

She's probably had the worst decline out of all the Ronda era contenders.

She's a 37 year old lady. What do you expect?

Cat needs adopted by a promoter.

Attachments

• CBECDAE3-4F54-4D9F-811E-4EAE635CA024.jpeg
    CBECDAE3-4F54-4D9F-811E-4EAE635CA024.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 9
She's a 37 year old lady. What do you expect?
If I look at the positives: Julia Budd is like 36. There is also no USADA outside the UFC. It is possible that she can turn it around considering how weak 145 is.

Usually when a UFC fighter is released, Sherdogers usually scream "next Bellator champ!" without even knowing who the current champ is. Just an observation.

Cyborg and Budd need to fight for the belt. Next give Blencowe another shot and Leslie Smith and Zingano need to fight for the next shot.

Earlier this year she said that her plan was to move down to 135. Honestly, she's big enough to compete with the bloated bantamweights at Bellator, or could go for the 135lbs belt at Invicta/Fight King Reina in Rizin for some easy cash.

Invicta would be a better place for Cat Zingano to go to since she just needs to go
in and build some trust in her fight game and run off some wins then maybe she can
talk about better opportunities after that.

It really depends if she plans to stay at 145 or not. If so, the most obvious places are either Bellator or Invicta.

Invicta would be a better place for Cat Zingano to go to since she just needs to go
in and build some trust in her fight game and run off some wins then maybe she can
talk about better opportunities after that.
Just saw a quote from Sakakibara of Rizin on twitter earlier that they are not interested in her or Cyborg. Focusing on atomweight and flyweight ladies.

Back