Cedric Doumbe doesn’t have a head coach

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
At least that’s what he claims. Who’s in his corner? And I know he has a mitt man which he does a lot of pads with.

What do you guys think of him not having a trainer? He seems to be continuing to improve. Will it continue that way?

Gotta love Doumbe haha coach or not he's miles above the rest of his division anyway.

It's true though he had a few different coaches when he started, went to the Netherlands a lot and stayed with Samir Mahjoubi in Belgium at Queensbury gym for a long time. He credits him for pushing him to the top. He stopped going there and for the last few years it's just his friend (former fighter German Talbot, also works as a matchmaker) who holds pads for him.
He works with a S&C coach and a nutritionist but that's it. Cedric moves a lot and spars with top level fighters regularly, he doesn't have an official coach. Half of his time is spent training grappling nowadays anyway.

Last edited:
It's true though he had a few different coaches when he started, went to the Netherlands a lot and stayed with Samir Mahjoubi in Belgium at Queensbury gym for a long time. He credits him for pushing him to the top. He stopped going there and for the last few years it's just his friend (former fighter German Talbot, also works as a matchmaker) who holds pads for him.
He works with a S&C coach and a nutritionist but that's it. Cedric moves a lot and spars with top level fighters regularly, he doesn't have an official coach. Half of his time is spent training grappling nowadays anyway.
This means he has a high IQ though until the last years he wasn"t unbeatable. But probably he steals from others, maybe they are boxers, and I even think that Talbot is also teaching him stuff.

He was with Limoges Boxing, has been also working with Mannart and others, Dutch gyms.

The sparring is very important. Without the best sparring you can"t win the best opposition even if you are talented.

He trains with everybody, in the Netherlands he also sparred with Ozcan a lot, in Belgium he was with Boughanem, Hendouf. Went to Belarus and trained at Gridin with Allazov. Went to Kyshenko's gym a few years ago. In France I know he's done stuff with Alexis Nicolas (France Savate champ, going to K-1 rules soon) and many more I'm not aware of.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back