Media Cejudo to Usman: "I don't blame Adesanya for not wanting to fight Pereira again"

Adesanya wants no part of the LHW division now that Alex holds the LHW belt. Poatan offered a title shot to Izzy for UFC 300 and Izzy didn't want it. Plenty to gain from that fight but also plenty to lose fighting Poatan.

Plain and simple Izzy doesn't want to fight Poatan again, regardless if a title is on the line. He didn't want to risk being 4-1 and chasing down Poatan for another fight he might lose again.

I agree. He just can't admit that publicly. But he has shown he wants the LHW belt if he doesn't have to go thru Pereira.

Lol you cant possibly think @StonedLemur is racist. Do you also notice the hate towards Garry, Strickland, Colby, and Conor?? I swear I can notice a pattern there Gaydra.

I never said he was.

Strickland isn’t hated here. He’s Sherdog’s golden boy. Colby gets paraded for as Sherdog’s conservative messiah. Conor is the most popular athlete in the sport.

Adesanya has expressed so many times that he won't fight Pereira again, he doesn't care that their personal record es 1 for him and 3 for Pereira, he took that one win and ran away with it and says "the saga is over"

Also Adesanya has moved up too, he fought at 205 even before Pereira, he fought to become a 2 division champ but he lost.

So yeah they definitely could fight at 205 as well, but Adesanya just don't want to, and I dont blame him either tbh
Adesanya has expressed so many times that he won't fight Pereira again, he doesn't care that their personal record es 1 for him and 3 for Pereira, he took that one win and ran away with it and says "the saga is over"

Also Adesanya has moved up too, he fought at 205 even before Pereira, he fought to become a 2 division champ but he lost.

So yeah they definitely could fight at 205 as well, but Adesanya just don't want to, and I dont blame him either tbh
Izzy thinks it’s like a Rocky movie or something. Like he can lose as many times as he wants in the beginning and middle, but the movie ends with his triumphant conquering of the monster.

But in reality, it’s Alex’s movie, and Izzy is just that one guy at the bar that beat him once out of 4 times before he moved on to a bigger weight class and more belts.

You are not directly but you are implicitly saying it.
Nothing is directed at him specifically .

I saying Sherdog has bunch racist and sexist fucking slime balls. Been saying that for years again and again. This place is a cesspool of bigotry and hate

I saying Sherdog has bunch racist and sexist fucking slime balls. Been saying that for years again and again. This place is a cesspool of bigotry and hate
The worst thing here is a bunch of bigots projecting their own views on others and throwing racism or xenophobia claims all over the place.

Its the biggest display of projection. Many white fighters, chinese japanese, mexican fighters have been hated here and many black fighters have been loved as well.
Dreyga is just retarded. Remember when he said that Yussuf got robbed by Barboza??? Lol, imagine how bias someone needs to be to think that. I think he is the racist, tbh.

For a place that despises rematches so much, I don't understand the desire for this one.

1-1 in MMA but 3-1 Alex overall. Izzy wins another, then everyone would demand one more because he's just one win from tying.... but if he wins that, now they're tied and need to fight again! But then whoever loses that is one down and has to get it back, it never ends.

I don't care for the potential of both of them only fighting each other for literally the rest of their careers.

Bullshit. No one hated Rampage. The vast majority of people love him.
I fuckin hate Rampage

Dreyga still full of shit about this being racism though

True, but this isn't that. Izzy is rightfully getting called on his shit and you're purposefully ignoring or downplaying Hill's faults

You'd think after beating Alex, Izzy would have a renewed sense of confidence, but Izzy going on to get dominated by Sean tells me that last Alex fight broke Izzy mentally. He was getting beat down and he knows that win was a fluke.

For a place that despises rematches so much, I don't understand the desire for this one.

1-1 in MMA but 3-1 Alex overall. Izzy wins another, then everyone would demand one more because he's just one win from tying.... but if he wins that, now they're tied and need to fight again! But then whoever loses that is one down and has to get it back, it never ends.

I don't care for the potential of both of them only fighting each other for literally the rest of their careers.
I have no interest in a rematch either, the vocalization here though seems to be much more on Izzy's apparent feelings where he stands in the series and his pretending to be done with it despite seemingly unable to let go of the rivalry, and his convenient timing of no longer wanting LHW gold now that it may lead to a rematch.

I don't want to see or think he's entitled to any of it, but he'll still be held to his words/actions

Fair. He gotta think about his health. Fought him 4x. Won 1x. It's over. Pereira is 3-1 but Izzy won the last fight by KO.

Adesanya said before he'd fight Pereira again only if Pereira won the LHW title.

"

Israel Adesanya on Alex Pereira trilogy bout: If he wins light heavyweight title, ‘I’ll do it again’"​

Probably said that so he could duck Pereira rematch without looking like he's ducking. Now that Pereira won the LHW title, Izzy flat out says he doesn't want to fight him . Pereira winning the LHW belt took away Izzy's excuse to avoid their trilogy. So Izzy came up with a new one and claims "That saga is over".

As we've seen in the past, Izzy wants the LHW belt but now that Pereira is holding it he doesn't want to have to fight Pereira for it. That's why Izzy refused the title shot Pereira offered him for UFC 300.

Last edited:
Back