Media Celebrating Black History Month - UFC’s first black champion

You can see it in slo mo time stamped, and he does it again in fast motion at 4:30

Thank you 🙏

It was just as I remembered. The man is a monter.

Amazing how much Tito emulated his movement - especially the first one, inc the lil footwork after the bounce.

Nice!

I tried to find a gif of Randleman's epic vertical leap to contribute, but could not find one. (Once a Sherdog standard to judge athletic ability by)

instead, I present this:

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
yFviuXI.gif

Nobody on Sherdog these days were born before the year 2000 bro, except me 1983.
Come on man, you are definitely older though. I watched ufc 1 when I was 6 cuz of my older brother and i lived my pre-teen to teen watching pride fc events live on the weekends with my bro and his friends.

Born 1990

I love this brief clip (time stamped) right before the fight where Mo says Coleman 'punches like a girl.'

Interesting part of that fight is at 15:50. Big John makes a very big mistake but luckily Coleman doesn't take the gift that was offered.

I love this brief clip (time stamped) right before the fight where Mo says Coleman 'punches like a girl.'

Oh well, can't use that one for Women's History Month. You'll have to show this instead.

No problem friend! Sherdog is a positive place where we celebrate the fighters who risk their lives for our entertainment.
There's been a lot of talk on here about Coleman. To paraphrase some crazy 90s song:
Coleman isn't black like Vernon White
He's white like Jason Black

His explosiveness, his raw, uncut power. His relentless pace and ability to bang other men into submission. His thick, strong muscular body with tremendous girth, and size helped him become the first black champion.

Jim Brown was the first commentary champ regardless of color.

He was a sportsman, actor, MMA commentator & beats the shit out of aliens.

h3804pdkxw0b1.gif

Smith was OK in MMA, too.

Yeah, I've often listed it as one of the greatest upsets in UFC history but not many current fans know about it.
Current fans are too lazy to go back & watch the past fights that made current fights possible.

To the original fighters.....

a0ht1dqoqtbc1.gif

Reactions: mkt
Word.
View attachment 1028741

View attachment 1028742

If I find the vert leap gif I'll edit it in.

Edit:
I only just realised the thread was about one particular Champ., hope I did not derail. Sorry to have missed that @Corrado Soprano
On top of being a monster was a truly compassionate man too. A fan claimed Kevin helped him stop himself from committing suicide when he posted he was about to do so on twitter. Said he got a DM shortly after as he was prepping to do it from Kevin asking if he was ok. And if he could have his number. Said Kevin called him up a minute or two later and coached him through it. Sharing stories of his own troubles that he had to perservere through as a youth. Urging him to do something to change his path as soon as he got off the phone. Claiming that he sought help immediately.

On top of being a monster was a truly compassionate man too. A fan claimed Kevin helped him stop himself from committing suicide when he posted he was about to do so on twitter. Said he got a DM shortly after as he was prepping to do it from Kevin asking if he was ok. And if he could have his number. Said Kevin called him up a minute or two later and coached him through it. Sharing stories of his own troubles that he had to perservere through as a youth. Urging him to do something to change his path as soon as he got off the phone. Claiming that he sought help immediately.

Man, what a great post.

I had no idea about this. It's the best thing I've read on here in a long time, and something I won't forget.

Thanks for sharing this.

The first black shit needs to end. America’s had million/billionaire black men and women for years and years and years. President , fighter jet pilot. Military generals. Business owners, teachers doctors everything:

Yet blacks are treated like children where it’s such an achievement to do something worthwhile in society and not end up in prison

“Omg my little 2nd grade nephew Mikey got his first trophy”

Woohoo

Cringe

1981 here Sherbro! Lol.

Older than that but as Rickson said in the 1990s "I don't believe in age."

Apparently age believes in Rickson, though, as he could barely roll around on the ground with Rogan awhile back.

Back