Media Chael: Stipe gained 20lbs of muscles

Lionheart has mentioned it a couple times on bisping’s believe you me podcast.

Chael is the man but I don’t take everything he says as fact but if chael and Anthony smith are saying it, then Stipe must be noticeably bigger.

Totally normal for a pro athlete in his 40s to just gain 20 pounds of muscle just like that. You’ve been training all your life and one day you just decide to get big. Done.

<mma4>
he slimmed down for that fat tricky LHW called DC, he needed ot beef the fuck up back for ngannou tbh, i think he's too old now dana hates him but if he roids then im full on in his bandwagon as the HW goat

Makes sense, Chael was 240lbs, shredded at one point according to Bambino Boi Dolce.

"Pen pals." Book Chael vs. Stipe so he can say he got wrecked by the UFC GOATs of MW, LHW, and HW.

He can be 300lbs, its not going to be extra muscle tho.

Its different when a guy loses weight then regains it back. Stipe was purposely lean for the Francis fight but now he decided to put the weight back on. This isn't a case of a small fighter suddenly putting on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. Of course, I don't think its actually 20 lbs of muscle, more like 20 pounds period

Gain or regain, big difference.

Stipe was 246 vs Ngannou first time, after training camp.

Regain since he was pretty light in the rematch + more gains from what it sounds like.

A guy like Stipe can sure. Last fight he was real lean, this next fight he will be bulkier probably. They dont mean 20 lbs of lean muscle they just mean hes 20 lbs heavier
The point is, if you’re a pro athlete for all these years, you’ve supposed to have figured out your peak physical weight/muscle mass a long time ago. Not a sudden surge in weight. And how is that even healthy.

Totally normal for a pro athlete in his 40s to just gain 20 pounds of muscle just like that. You’ve been training all your life and one day you just decide to get big. Done.

<mma4>

Doesnt seem unusual. Seems to happen all the time nowadays outside the UFC and in body building competitions as well. Conor Mcgregor too.

Hmm.

It is so easy to tell who's ever stepped in a gym and who hasn't.

If you've been lifting weights for a very long time (which Stipe definitely has) and you bulk up 20 pounds, you're gonna be extremely lucky if 1.5lbs of that is pure lean muscle.

Maybe there's some of you out there who've made some noob gains and still think the rest of your lifting career is gonna be that easy think that type of thing is possible.

Its different when a guy loses weight then regains it back. Stipe was purposely lean for the Francis fight but now he decided to put the weight back on. This isn't a case of a small fighter suddenly putting on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. Of course, I don't think its actually 20 lbs of muscle, more like 20 pounds period
Best case scenario for Stipe is getting back to his prime weight of ~245ish.

If he's 255-260 I imagine a good hard fight camp will put him right back to that. Though in his old age he is not going to have the same speed he once did.

<mma4>

Biting testament mate

I'm sure that will help his slug-like speed...

Back