Media Chandler awkwardly dismissing callout by Islam live on ESPN

Dont see how its disingenuous but okay

It's disingenuous cause it's from a year ago and things have changed, Islam is now ranked above Chandler, at the time of this video Chandler was ranked well above Islam who I'm not even sure was top 10 yet and had certainly not fought anyone in the top 10 yet.

Don't you think Islam is going to be fighting Oliviera or Dariush? Chandler's call outs made logical sense to me, he knows he isn't deserving of a title shot or number 1 contender match currently so an Islam fight is off the table so what does he do? He calls out Nate, Gaethje and Conor, who are all big draws and make sense for him currently, a Dustin fight would work too.

Since Dariush declined the July offer to fight Islam, I think he'll be fighting Oliveira next.

Lol Islam's been ranked above Chandler for some time now, yet Chandler's now chasing Diaz
Diaz is better than ANYBODY Islam has fought. Chandler's been fighting other top fighters also.

Diaz is better than ANYBODY Islam has fought.

What does that have to do with? Lol. I wasn't implying that Chandler should be calling out Islam's former opponents.

<JagsKiddingMe>

No loss on Burns' side IMO and big props to him.

However, it didn't stop the Khamzat train. It literally proved all the doubters wrong and proved he's one of the best 170'ers in the world with less than 12 MMA fights. Super impressive.
One of the best? That wasn't the hype. He was gonna tackle and smesh everybody from Burns, Usman, and even Israel.

What does that have to do with? Lol. I wasn't implying that Chandler should be calling out Islam's former opponents.

<JagsKiddingMe>
Has everything to do with it. All this calling out crap is just showboating, yet you think it means everybody is afraid to fight Islam. He'll get his chance.

One of the best? That wasn't the hype. He was gonna tackle and smesh everybody from Burns, Usman, and even Israel.
Oh didn't the doubters say he was gonna get KO'ed in the 1st once he stepped up?

Yeaaah, you guys were wrong. No longer hype. He is the real deal and solidified it

Oh didn't the doubters say he was gonna get KO'ed in the 1st once he stepped up?

Yeaaah, you guys were wrong. No longer hype. He is the real deal and solidified it
That didn't happen. People like me, who have watching fighting forever, saw he was good, but like Islam, he was smeshing guys who weren't that good so doubts remained. He fought great against Burns, who got finished by Usman, but it was close.

Pretty sure everyone Chandler has fought has been ranked higher than Islam.

The word ducking gets thrown around a lot.
Generally speaking when a fighter takes a fight against a higher ranked opponent that doesn't qualify as ducking.

You fucking Islam groupies are well on your way to being the most annoying fanbase sherdog has ever seen.

That was a slick way of turning it down by Chandler. He never answered the call out or straight up turned it down, just danced around it and gave him compliments instead and then moved on.

[x] Grace under pressure

I don’t blame him, he’s looking for the softest touch to get back into title contention. I blame fans who love to reward guys like Gaethje and Chandler for playing it safe. As far as I understand both those guys have turned down a few fights, Gaethje more than Chandler.
2 of Gaethje's last 3 fights have been for the belt and the other was Tapology 2021 FOTY.

Seems like pretty solid decision making. Particularly when you consider the significant pay rate increase that comes with headlong in a title fight.

https://www.tapology.com/rankings/4152-2021-mma-fights-of-the-year

That didn't happen. People like me, who have watching fighting forever, saw he was good, but like Islam, he was smeshing guys who weren't that good so doubts remained. He fought great against Burns, who got finished by Usman, but it was close.
Context is everything.

Islam got sparked in his 13th fight against an unranked LW. Khamzat just beat the #2 ranked WW in fight #11

Also by contrast, Khabib was arguably losing to unranked Gleison Tibau in fight 18.

They had the hype too. I guess they're just hype too that they never lived up to.

I'd be happy with Islam vs. Chandler. Tough matchup for Islam for sure.

honestly, they could have booked it a fight or two ago even. He's Khabib's protege for christ sake. He was named as his successor. Khabib's says he's the next champ, and Khabib the best to ever do it at lightweight. he should be fighting for the belt.

Gaethje, Poirier and Chandler are not even really interested in belts they're looking for money fights and bonus checks. give me a fucking break. Gaethje shouldn't have even been in there this weekend.

Who really gives a fuck what Khavib
says tho?

"He was named as his successor"

I guess Martins never got that memo

Who said that and was being serious about it?

You're sure you didn't make any statements about Khamzat running through everyone easily?

No loss on Burns' side IMO and big props to him.

However, it didn't stop the Khamzat train. It literally proved all the doubters wrong and proved he's one of the best 170'ers in the world with less than 12 MMA fights. Super impressive.

Proved me he can fight through adversity and he belongs in the top but the crowd's boo's sure didn't sound like he convinced them about it, even poor khamzat wanted to say I smesh everybady in the post fight interview but he boo's made him say "I will be back" or sum like that

Back