News Charles just got his BB... in Muay Thai

Fair enough. Still doesn't mean they're not skilled.
Sure, but it does seem a bit silly to give someone a black belt (in this case a Pra Jiad) in a sport that they don't even compete in and that doesn't do colored rankings.

Perhaps BJJ makes exceptions for MMA guys that don't compete in BJJ? Not sure. At least BJJ already has that system built into it though, and it's a subjective ranking.

Oh no! His beautiful blonde hair! I'd wager that was the source of his amazing title run. He is no longer the Saiyan of legend.

His striking is among the most improved I have EVER seen by a fighter during their UFC career, and I have been watching since Blockbuster VHS days.

Good for him.
Dude is making his weaknesses his strengths.
100% agree with you.
People laughed at his losses, and now he is the most skilled fighters in the roster. And he is ALWAYS in attack mode!

100% agree with you.
People laughed at his losses, and now he is the most skilled fighters in the roster. And he is ALWAYS in attack mode!
He came in the UFC I believe at age 20.

Learned on the job while fighting high level competition. Kept improving and rebuilt after some tough but respectable losses.

He came in the UFC I believe at age 20.

Learned on the job while fighting high level competition. Kept improving and rebuilt after some tough but respectable losses.
Kind of reminds me of Werdum. He was also a magician on the ground and had a BB in Judo & Muay Thai !! I mean, pick your poison!

Congrats chuck. Obviously belt colour rankings are a fairly broad stroke. But it does mean one thing at the very least which is it’s a symbol of a lot of time he’s dedicated to the craft. As these merits often just require a lot of seat time and repetition. But it shows with how dynamic his striking has gotten. It’s a very dangerous part of his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backwood Banger
Back