Charles Oliveira, can we all agree to love him because...

RedfernNow

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
.. he is the current champion (unofficially) that does not and has never been a point fighter.

Every time he fights as champ he brings it and you never really know if he will win. Maybe not against Islam but still I just can't see him bein a boring champ point fighter.

I give him mad props for that.

Honourable mentions to:
Ngannou
Jiri (likely)
Moreno

6-10 years ago I used to say "I won't miss any card with someone named Oliveira on it".

Cowboy and Charles. Didn't care which.

People used to roll their eyes at that. :rolleyes:

I'm glad a few folks caught up with me. ;) And all it took for more fans to notice was going from good and fun to watch, to great and fun to watch.

And how's about a shoutout to Cowboy Oliveira!!! He never turned the corner rankings-wise, but deserves recognition for always bringing it and an awesome fighting style.

MetallicDimCirriped-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
You can go ahead and add Magny, Rakic and Ankalaev to that list of yours
<{cruzshake}>

Nah problem with peeps choices for other game fighters.

I'm just pointing out Charles to say that as champ, no one said he became a cautious point fighter once he became champ unlike many others who want to keep that champ payday so bore us after once been game and exciting.

I appreciate that. Never a boring win like Jones did and Izzy has become. Even Usman to some extent. It's not even being reckless, Oliveira is just 100% game. Every champ should be like that.

6-10 years ago I used to say "I won't miss any card with someone named Oliveira on it".

Cowboy and Charles. Didn't care which.

People used to roll their eyes at that. :rolleyes:

I'm glad a few folks caught up with me. ;) And all it took for more fans to notice was going from good and fun to watch, to great and fun to watch.

And how's about a shoutout to Cowboy Oliveira!!! He never turned the corner rankings-wise, but deserves recognition for always bringing it and an awesome fighting style.

Cowboy also has my favourite walkout. The man can dance.

Dude we all love him cause he’s one of the best things going in the sport.

He checks off all the boxes.

Underdog story.
Extremely talented
Exciting fight style.
Hunts for blood in the Octagon.
Taking on all fighters.

Also for someone who doesn’t speak English as Islam so eloquently put it…the guy has some kick ass promos lol.

One of the great offensive fighters of all-time. Great finisher.
But...
Brazilian.
<6>

Just not a fan, respect the talent and the late career resurgence but I don't root for him, too bad if you don't like that
Dude is a great guy. How he remains so positive is testament to his mindset.

To all those who criticize, do you have a boxing ring in your living room, a model wife who loves you, and 5 kids? If not, then shut your fucking mouth.

.. he is the current champion (unofficially) that does not and has never been a point fighter.

Every time he fights as champ he brings it and you never really know if he will win. Maybe not against Islam but still I just can't see him bein a boring champ point fighter.

Honourable mentions to:
Ngannou
Jiri (likely)
Moreno

Ive loved Charlie since close to his debut. He always brings it and is never in a boring fight. He is a submission machine and his striking has gotten fantastic.

great fighter.

but im not going to sit through his interviews listening to a translator. same thing with Yan.

I’ll watch him because he’s skillful. But I don’t love him because I don’t know him.

Honourable mentions to:
Ngannou
Jiri (likely)
Moreno
He didn't make weight and was rightfully stripped of the title.

Failing to meet your obligation as a champion while complaining that you should be the champion was enough for me to stop liking him.

He is that 1 dimensional late round draft pick that grinds his way through camp and makes the team. Works his ass off and earns a starting position and eventually becomes team captain, pro bowler and then league mvp.

Just not a fan, respect the talent and the late career resurgence but I don't root for him, too bad if you don't like that

What do you mean? He's in his prime. The fact that he was a UFC fighter at a very young age means he's been around a long time. He's effectively come of age as a fighter on the job. I can understand not being a fan, it's a personal choice. But he's not on a "late career resurgence" by any means.

Back