Charles Oliveira went from being good to absolutely overrated overnight.

He’s basically a light weight Big Nog. Gets his ass kicked early and then catches them. Shouldn’t be anything wrong with that since Nogs is like universally loved here.

Look at the posts, Jesus. Where was all this nuthugger talk yesterday? Now he's supposedly the LW unbeatable GOAT that Khabib won't ever touch lol.

You dumb fickle hindsight couch potato neckbeards will jump ship in his next loss.

He has finishes over 3 top 5 fighters. Where exactly do you want to rate him?

Yeah, just imagine if he was gifted an early title shot like GSP or Anderson? 11 title defenses easily.

Imagine if Khabib fought consistently throughout the years instead of fighting once a year or not even fighting for a year

Conor was 2 years away from the game. If he fought Khabib soon after Alvarez, Khabib would get knocked out just like Eddie.

Nope, Conor is a white belt he gets finished on the ground by any great grappler.

Look at the posts, Jesus. Where was all this nuthugger talk yesterday? Now he's supposedly the LW unbeatable GOAT that Khabib won't ever touch lol.
You dumb fickle hindsight couch potato neckbeards will jump ship in his next loss.
You're a whiny bitch lmao stfu.

Khabib also beaten RDA and Conor in their prime

Conor's prime was at 145, he had one classic 155 performance after fighting up two weight classes at 170 where he started to show cardio and discipline issues (the wild swinging in the first round of the first Diaz fight that caused him to gas showed how unprepared he was). The money, fame, and ego inflation after the Aldo win messed him up, he went from poor and hungry to acting like nearly every other poor person that hits the jackpot, lost all focus as a fighter since he no longer needed it to be rich and famous. The Khabib fight was even further removed from his prime due to a two year absence because of the Mayweather fight and an injury, he was fully in Rocky 3 territory at the time. That being said if Charles beats current day McGregor he'd be beating an even worse version.

RDA I feel got a bit better with some more time, but still has had the same issues with fighters that cause him to back up (one of the same issues that has plagued Barboza but for different stylistic reasons), and he lost a pretty damn clear UD to Chiesa at 170 due to being outwrestled (I mean Chiesa at 170 is significantly larger, but Khabib would eb doing the same thing) so I would have still put my money on Khabib against subsequent versions of RDA.

When do you think Khabib should’ve gotten a title shot?
Doesn't matter when, I'm showing you the fallacy of expecting someone who got their Belt at after a 26 winstreak to defend it 9+ times. Title defenses are a joke metric, because the landscape of the divisions have significantly changed throughout the promotion's history, and the opportunities that were handed to fighters are not anywhere near equal.

This isn't the same as a football team winning a cup. All teams competing are offered the same opportunities with a clear path to the top.

Doesn't matter when, I'm showing you the fallacy of expecting someone who got their Belt at after a 26 winstreak to defend it 9+ times. Title defenses are a joke metric, because the landscape of the divisions have significantly changed throughout the promotion's history, and the opportunities that were handed to fighters are not anywhere near equal.

This isn't the same as a football team winning a cup. All teams competing are offered the same opportunities with a clear path to the top.
Okay. So, Anderson came into the UFC with a big name, dominated his first and got his title shot.

GSP came in, defeated a top ranked guy in Karo and defeated Hieron before he got his first title shot. He lost and had to win 5 in a row before he got his second title. Lost his first title defense, had to win 2 in a row for his last title shot.

Both Anderson and GSP earned their title shots by either name or merit.

Title defense metric is not a joke. You’re fighting a top tier fighter. Not some schmo.

I don’t doubt Khabib would still be champion he decided to fight. But him retiring after 3 title defenses is a bit of blemish on his legacy. We want to see how long you could’ve sustained your greatness.

You’re right about title defences being a stupid metric. Who a fighter beats, how they beat them is more important.

Right now I think Do Bronx’s best wins compare favourably to Khabib’s. Khabib beat a lot of nobodies, whereas CO has good depth to his resume. The problem is that CO also has a significant number of losses. He needs to win more, and more impressively, to balance that out.

Khabib is the LW GOAT. CO is on his way, but he needs more big wins to take the top spot. I dream of CO finishing Islam and Khabib coming back to fight for revenge and the top spot.

Well, it was inevitable that the Khabib haters would spam this board every time Charles wins, I don't think they're his fans per se, but yeah, it's pretty pathetic. Charles is great, but not yet close to Khabib's level.

A win over Islam will definitely bring him closer.
hes already ahead. just because khabib was born with advantages it actually makes charlie olives even better

He's not overrated. He's entering elite LW category with this win streak and last 4 fights put together. And LW is historically one of the best divisions. Charles gets hurt, but finishes fights. From Chute Boxe, like Wanderlei used to do.

You're overblowing this for no real reason. Every time any fight occurs there will be a certain % that overblow achievements of the winner. Charles is clearly spectacular. He went from being a fighter who failed at every big moment in his career, often looking for a way out, to a champion who's will seems near impossible to break. It's pretty fucking incredible... Especially when you know how poor his health conditions were.

Charles isn't unbeatable, but he's clearly become the elite of the elite and his rugged in your face MT stand up mixed with durability and natural BJJ instincts has made him a threat to anyone that's ever weighed in at 155..... point 5 ;). Does he beat Khabib? I'd favour prime Khabib as his top game is just that good, however you'd be foolish to think Charles wouldn't be threatening Khabib at every second of the fight

You’re right about title defences being a stupid metric. Who a fighter beats, how they beat them is more important.

Right now I think Do Bronx’s best wins compare favourably to Khabib’s. Khabib beat a lot of nobodies, whereas CO has good depth to his resume. The problem is that CO also has a significant number of losses. He needs to win more, and more impressively, to balance that out.

Khabib is the LW GOAT. CO is on his way, but he needs more big wins to take the top spot. I dream of CO finishing Islam and Khabib coming back to fight for revenge and the top spot.
hes already done better and had to fight for every inch of it. khabin was born into it

Yeah, it's silly. Justin was massively overrated and wasn't a deserving title contender against Oliveira.
Beating him isn't unimpressive... but it's nowhere near as special as it once was.

He was also fighting like an ape. Lol. He couldn't even stay standing after his own punches.

Uhm what? Even before Oliveira became the champ, some have been talking about him being an interesting fight for Khabib. Khabib has beaten strikers and wrestlers, but he has never faced anyone as dangerous on the ground as Oliveira. Maybe Khbabib would smesh him, but I'm confident that Oliveira by far is the worst possible matchup for Khabib and would be one of the best ever matchups. I would probably have to pick Oliveira - he's a better striker, and I don't think Khabib's brute force and excellent GNP will be enough to hold Oliveira down and avoid getting caught in a sub.

hes already done better and had to fight for every inch of it. khabin was born into it
I’m not sure what you mean, how was Khabib born into it? He had to beat some top notch fighters in his career.

Back