Charles Olivera was robbed

I love Charlie but he lost 29-28.

2 of my group scored the first for Arman (both had 2.5 min control) but I think the guillotine was so fucking deep, its got the same weight as a heavy flurry that hurts & nearly finishes a guy.

Most of the fight he was on his back eating elbows. And the d'arce in the 3rd was never really there. He didn't have it properly synced

I think subs should score more than they do but I think Arman deserved it.

Gifs of him going out?

I saw it In real time and yeah, arman drops dead, then...comes back?

Unsure why hed play possum like that..

Strange take. How is someone the better grappler if he is the one defending the subs and never put his opponent in danger?
That's an even stranger take,Armen is the one getting take downs, almost always in control, lands more ground strikes, does more damage, and you still question if Charles is a better grappler? How incredibly obtuse of you

That's an even stranger take, the one getting take downs almost always in control, does more damage, and the we still question if Charles is a better grappler? How incredibly obtuse of you
So you think if they would do a submission grappling match, Arman would win?

I think in a mixed martial arts bout, Armen is CLEARLY the better grappler.
I think they have totally different styles of grappling and this is the reason why they are so hard to compare. But in a submission grappling bout the winner would be quite clear.
And I’m not taking anything away from Armans win, he did a very good job and defended well, but he was the one in dangerous positions.

Gifs of him going out?

In round 3? He didn’t go out or play possum, he laid flat to alleviate the pressure of the D’Arce. It is a legitimate defense, Rener Gracie explained here:

I love Charlie but he lost 29-28.

2 of my group scored the first for Arman (both had 2.5 min control) but I think the guillotine was so fucking deep, its got the same weight as a heavy flurry that hurts & nearly finishes a guy.

Most of the fight he was on his back eating elbows. And the d'arce in the 3rd was never really there. He didn't have it properly synced

Dont recall any flurry that nearly finished the fight in the first. Round 1 was without doubt Olivera.

That's an even stranger take,Armen is the one getting take downs, almost always in control, lands more ground strikes, does more damage, and you still question if Charles is a better grappler? How incredibly obtuse of you

You're only talking about round 2.

Gifs of him going out?

Never went out. If you're talking about the third round when he went belly down, that's because a darce is applied to a kneeling opponent by pressing down on their back, but that pressure is removed by laying down.

Going belly down means the choke can't be finished unless Oliviera is able to walk up and snake Arman's leg with his own.

So you think if they would do a submission grappling match, Arman would win?
Most submission grappling matches have time limits and winning on points, so.. yeah?

I love Oliveira, but just no. You don’t win a fight by doing no damage getting controlled for three rounds and attempting two submissions.

Also, the judge who scored it in his favour is an idiot.

Yea I wanted him to win that fight but he didn't.

Dont recall any flurry that nearly finished the fight in the first. Round 1 was without doubt Olivera.

I said the guillotine had the same equivalence as a near fight ending flurry, since it nearly ended the fight

Back