Chavez Jr. vs. Badou Jack CANCELLED

Gotta go with fellow swede Badou Jack. BTW it's weird how little exposure Jack gets in Sweden, never hear about him anywhere.

Gotta go with fellow swede Badou Jack. BTW it's weird how little exposure Jack gets in Sweden, never hear about him anywhere.
People probably think he's american because he's black.

He's probably the best Swedish combat sports athlete, right now. He certainly had more success in 2015 than any Swedish MMA fighter (and other than Greco-Roman wrestling to an extent, Sweden isn't particularly proficient in anything else combat sport related as far as I'm aware).

Trouble in the Chavez camp and his pops suggests it might be time to retire.

Mexican ring legend Julio Cesar Chavez says he’s upset and worried about the lack of discipline of his son, former middleweight world titlist Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., after Junior disappeared from training camp. Chavez Jr. has been training with Robert Garcia for an expected fight against WBC super middleweight champion Jack Badou on April 30. However, Chavez Sr. told ESPN that if his son continues with his current attitude, he should retire from boxing. “I don’t know what happened,” said the Hall of Famer. “I’m very sad and disappointed but also very concerned about his lack of discipline. He was preparing well in Big Bear.”

Soon after, Chavez Jr. published a picture on his Instagram account where it appeared he was walking on a beach. Junior’s response? “I respect him because he’s my father, but I am already 30 years old. Everything is fine.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/jc-chavez-asks-his-son-to-be-more-responsible-326922

He's probably the best Swedish combat sports athlete, right now. He certainly had more success in 2015 than any Swedish MMA fighter (and other than Greco-Roman wrestling to an extent, Sweden isn't particularly proficient in anything else combat sport related as far as I'm aware).
sweden doesn't consistently medal in greco like it used to unfortunately

yeah, because black people are only found in the US. There are absolutely zero black people in latin america, Europe, or Africa.

Man, its getting hard to admit that I used to be a fan of Junior. What a let down that kid has been.

yeah, because black people are only found in the US. There are absolutely zero black people in latin america, Europe, or Africa.
That's not what I said at all. Most people don't think "oh that guy is probably Swedish" when they see a black guy.

That's not what I said at all. Most people don't think "oh that guy is probably Swedish" when they see a black guy.
fair enough, though you can say the same thing about any minority group anywhere. With that in mind, Sweden has a decent sized Somali/Eritrean population. He might not be ethnically swedish, but europeans, for all their racism, are aware that there are non-white minorities which reside in their nation.

Chavez is there to get hit at this point in his career. Early on he had some decent boxing but fell in love with brawling and got convinced somewhere that he's some power punching slugger. Jack will beat him easily.

He spent most of his career having a noticeable size advantage over his opponents. He was a couple weight classes above Vera and still lost the first fight IMO. After predicting his style on that size advantage he would have to seriously retool his approach and sparring if he hopes to be successful at this weight class. But I don't see that happening.

I also liked Junior, especially after the Lee and Martinez fights.

This was uploaded the other day

I actually thought he was Australian, because for some reason, Badou Jack sounds like an Aussie cartoon character to me.

This guy could easily say, "oi! Moi nayme is Badou Jack!"

aussie.jpg

Though I agree Jack has improved , we're basing that on him fighting Groves and Dirrell. Assuming we see a half decent version of Junior, we'll get a guy who throws a lot of punches, is a lot bigger and takes a shot well. Yes, Chavez got KO'd by Fonfara but that was at 175.

Jack is too stationary and too upright. I think he's a good fight for Junior. He's chinny too.

Though I agree Jack has improved , we're basing that on him fighting Groves and Dirrell. Assuming we see a half decent version of Junior, we'll get a guy who throws a lot of punches, is a lot bigger and takes a shot well. Yes, Chavez got KO'd by Fonfara but that was at 175.

Jack is too stationary and too upright. I think he's a good fight for Junior. He's chinny too.

That Fonfara fight was a double catchweight wasn't it? Didn't Chavez demand 170 in the beginning then closer to the fight he realized he couldn't make 170 and changed it to 172?

Then after quitting on his stool like the champ he is he told Jim Gray he could beat Fonfara at 170 but 172 was too big even though he was the one who had the limit changed himself because he didn't train hard enough. Class act from beginning to end.

That Fonfara fight was a double catchweight wasn't it? Didn't Chavez demand 170 in the beginning then closer to the fight he realized he couldn't make 170 and changed it to 172?

Then after quitting on his stool like the champ he is he told Jim Gray he could beat Fonfara at 170 but 172 was too big even though he was the one who had the limit changed himself because he didn't train hard enough. Class act from beginning to end.
I don't disagree. Junior is a clown who tarnishes his family name every time he fights.

When I saw how big Fonfara was compared to Junior, I knew it wasn't going to go well.

I thought all Americans look like Donald Trump.

Back