Cheapest Vlogging Camera With Professional Video+Audio That Fits In Your Pocket

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Amazon.com : Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen, Built-in Microphone, 4K HDR Video, Touchscreen Display, Live Video Streaming, Webcam : Electronics

Many pocket cameras that has a selfie screen does not have a mic input for an external mic, and some that DOES have a mic input does not have a mic mount where you can place the microphone.

The Sony ZV-1 has a selfie screen and both a mic input AND mic mount for superior audio, it also has a very good looking lens and sensor for sharp videos.

Last edited:
Might fit in my pocket but it don’t fit in my budget

You can get a bmpcc original used with lenses and probably a memory card for fairly cheap used. Great look and color science that you can edit for free on Davinci resolve. Record audio externally and sync it with the camera using a h1n recorder. Buy a set of gvm 800d rbg lights used and you'll have a professional look and sound in no time. If you spend a little more then this other setup you can great looking and sounding footage.

I could point you to resources or talk you through how to edit with Davinci resolve. Editing the audio and color correction and grading is super easy if you don't know how to do all of this stuff yet. Which you might. In that case ignore me.

If not, this is a good set up for cheap and you can get a real cinematic look with some easy lighting set ups, the color science of the camera and some editing tips and tricks to take it to the next level

Back