Chimaev says Americans in his position would have been rewarded, Russians need to prove more

You want a reward?

SHUT UP AND FIGHT!

Then repeat multiple times in a year against opponents ranked in the division you are fighting in.

Entitled snowflake whiner had a ~impressive two month run 3-1/2 years ago, he can't get a visa, and never fights. What the hell does he expect???

one day hopefully we'll get the full scoop. dude obviously had major health issues, couldn't make WW anymore, and i'm guessing due to his relations with certain dictators who are not on good standing with the international scene, can only fight in the desert. got to be a combination of all of that.

He is right about Covington and others. However, he is being matched correctly - it's the others who are having their wheels greased in a way that is so blatantly corrupt that it's embarrassing.

{<doc}
Ironically his lack of self-awareness only demonstrates his entitlement. Seems like one of those people who got too much love and attention growing up and now it feels like injustice to him when baby doesn't get his bottle

Last edited:
Chimaev's reply to a fan asking why he thinks he's the guy having to go through two title fight-eliminators:

"The only thing I can think of is that it's gross xenophobia. I have nothing against fighting Robert Whittaker, he's a great person, but I should have fought for the belt a long time ago. I win matches,
never lost, and crumpled all opponents by a class distinction. If that's not a sign of championship quality, then I don't know what is," he said during a livestream on his networks.

“I should have fought for the belt some time ago now, we all know that, but unfortunately I was born in the wrong country. Dana White sees 'the Russian' and first thing he does is putting him on the
back burner. A fellow American, Colby Covington, had no fight for about two years, with a single win on his record and immediately got to fight for the title so... Having no doubts that I'm the best
fighter in the UFC, I'm not going to lose to him anyway," he continued.

“Yes, if I were an American, I would get a different treatment. Unfortunately, Magomed Ankalaev is in a similar situation, while our quality exceeds the remainder of the division. And I know I won't change anyone's decision, but such figures of thought only casts a bad light on the entire UFC," added Chimaev, who will face former champion Robert Whittaker in the second straight title fight-eliminator on June 22nd.

Source: https://www.top-fight.cz/khamzat-ch...-proti-rusum-jinak-bych-uz-davno-sel-o-titul/
are you shitting me? the entitlement that this guy reeks of is wild. he only beat usman rolling off the couch and a not a single T10 Middleweight. People still think he's title material despite that performance.

izzy,jared, strickland, rob, and even costa deserve to have title shots before him.

hill proved that he was belt material and actually won the belt/vacated so its understandable why he was picked over anko. so that arguement makes no sense. the colby one does but its not like Khamzat fights in WW and there still are fighters in that division that have proven more and deserve the title shot over him (Belaal, Shavkat, Wonderboy, even Ian Garry tbh)

yes yes the muslim swedish russian guy says it's because of his background.

Dude can’t make weight at the weight class he should have been fighting at

Dude can’t enter the US because he’s best friends with a war lord

Dude acts like he’s the victim rather than bringing this all upon himself

Thus dude was fed a shot Nate Diaz but fucked it up lol.

Ridiculous point. A couple of months notice to fight at 170 two days after Ramadan?

He should've been burned at the cross IF he said YES to that offer.
Pfft not even a tough weight cut at that point
<{ohyeah}>

I like Khamzat but he has to fight if he wants to be rewarded. This sitting out and demanding a title shot thing is really fucking stupid.

Then again it worked for Colby, Edwards, and Wonderboy, so I guess he figures it should work for him, too. Except Edwards earned his shot before sitting out and nobody liked Colby getting that title fight.

Back