Chimaev vs Burns vibes

On the flip side, he will get even better now to avoid this.

How? Is he going to train harder, against better guys? He can't

He's hit his peak, there's no way he goes up from here. Might not matter though.

How? Is he going to train harder, against better guys? He can't

He's hit his peak, there's no way he goes up from here. Might not matter though.
so you saying he can't improve? He has the whole Dagestan to train against, there is literally no better collection of killers anywhere on the planet. LOL.

He learned a lot of important lesson in the best possible way - with an extremely hostile crowd, against the P4P #1, while scoring a hard fought victory.

Zero doubt he'll come out of this fight a lot better than we've seen so far. He knows he got shit to work on.

so you saying he can't improve? He has the whole Dagestan to train against, there is literally no better collection of killers anywhere on the planet. LOL.

Yeah and he's already been training with them 24/7

Yes I'm saying he has peaked, he won't get any better than he is right now

He's 31, he'll stay about as good as he is right now for a while then the dropoff starts

Humbled by beating the P4P #1 at his own game, on his own home turf?

What Islam did is the equivalent of Volk outwrestling Islam to a decision in Dagestan… ultimate flex.

I think the haters have been humbled.
Not at his own game, he definitely dived for legs more than once and used lay and pray just for points on scorecards without doing anything, not that he could as we have seen. Without those takedowns, however useless they have been, he would lose that fight. So yeah, he definitely didn't beat Volk at his own game. If anything, bigger suprise was how ineffective Islam was with his grappling.

Islam was humbled
I agree he was, but the Islam haters that thought he was invincible will now move goal posts to something else they hate about Islam. Many of the complaints about Khabib and Islam was they do not want a boring dominant champion. They want a champion to face adversity. Now that the champion won a close fight and faced adversity, what will be said now?

He was humbled. I don't think he was ever this tired before.

On the flip side, he will get even better now to avoid this.

So will everyone else. The aura weakened, people will be more confident and knowledgeable in where to go from here when they fight Islam.

Islam's performance was still better than Chimaev's. He was humbled in the sense that he met real resistance for the first time and realized that he isn't invincible. I think Islam will come back stronger next time.

Chimaev on the other hand fought recklessly and took a lot of unnecessary damage.

Yeah and he's already been training with them 24/7

Yes I'm saying he has peaked, he won't get any better than he is right now

He's 31, he'll stay about as good as he is right now for a while then the dropoff starts
that sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

52M7HRt.png

Humbled?

It was but not sure you can really fix a suspect chin and a lot of LWs who will have been studying closely will take inspiration from what Volk did.

that sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

You think he's going to get better and better and better until at age 40 he can mop the floor with any 205er or HW?

That sounds a lot more like wishful thinking

You think he's going to get better and better and better until at age 40 he can mop the floor with any 205er or HW?

That sounds a lot more like wishful thinking
Volk is 34. He got better for each fight. What's stopping islam to incrementally get better by 5% for the next 3-4 fights? Fighters adjust, work on new skills/weaknesses or just make adjustments and gain experience, and improve. Its a simple concept. You are making this an absolute measure, which its not.

Humbled by beating the P4P #1 at his own game, on his own home turf?

What Islam did is the equivalent of Volk outwrestling Islam to a decision in Dagestan… ultimate flex.

I think the haters have been humbled.

He didn't beat Volk at his own game. He swung two rounds by riding Volk's back. That's not Volk's game. Also if your statement were even true it would be the equivalent of Usman going to Degestan and outwrestling Makhachev.

For all the talk of there being no wrestling in Australia and how it was a mistake coming up to 155, Islam couldn't even make anything of having Volk's back for almost 4 minutes in the fourth round. Then finished the fifth round getting beaten at his own game. So much for no wrestling in Australia. Couldn't even control a small guy with no wrestling.

Back