Chris Weidman or Tony Ferguson - Who's had a worse tail end of their careers?

Who's had a worse tail end of their careers?

• Total voters
Weidman. On top of getting violently finished or hurt in almost every fight, he goes out of his way to be an insufferable cunt. Tony is mentally ill. Chris is just a douchebag.

Both possess equal amounts of delusions about where their skill sets sit as of now, Chris still has more of a legacy, making Tony that guy.

It is not even close. Tony has some sort of dementia at this point. The dude is not right.

Weidman is just slow but always has been. He also can still compete with some people. Tony got subbed by Bobby Green of all the people and dominated by Paddy.

Tony never really did anything that could even come close to Weidman beating Anderson twice (and not least becoming the one to dethrone Anderson). Tony wasn't even ever champ.

Weidman at some point was actually the man to beat, and he was well on his way of becoming a GOAT-contender.

So obviously Weidman has fallen the most - but only if taken into consideration where he once was,
BJ Penn gaps them both in having biggest beer of wasted talent.

Da fuq?

Chris has won fights here and there, including his last one, and been winning or competitive in most of his losses.

Tony by comparison is getting wiped out worse and worse every fight.

It is not even close. Tony has some sort of dementia at this point. The dude is not right.

Weidman is just slow but always has been. He also can still compete with some people. Tony got subbed by Bobby Green of all the people and dominated by Paddy.
tony never reached the height of his division definitively like Weidman had esp with khabib around and he has the longest losing streaking in ufc history. it was also heart wrenching to see him lose to pimplett as well...i am a big fan of el cucuy and i'd like him to retire but if he feels like fighting gives him the thrill and helps him deal with his mental health troubles, I am not gonna dog on it when we have Jon Jones commiting heinous crimes and pulling the "god's testing his toughest soliders" card

tony never reached the height of his division definitively like Weidman had esp with khabib around and he has the longest losing streaking in ufc history. it was also heart wrenching to see him lose to pimplett as well...i am a big fan of el cucuy and i'd like him to retire but if he feels like fighting gives him the thrill and helps him deal with his mental health troubles, I am not gonna dog on it when we have Jon Jones commiting heinous crimes and pulling the "god's testing his toughest soliders" card
I think Jones is more of a calculated psychopath and will never find himself in big troubles.

Tony on the other hand.. he always looks on the verge of doing something that would put him away for a good time. Hope he gets better.

Both are around the same age. Weidman 39, Ferguson 40.

Tony Ferguson is in a 7 fight losing streak, while Chris Weidman has lost 7 fights out of 10.

However going based on hurting their careers/legacy I think I'm going to lean towards Chris Weidman, just because how he has been in interviews and how acts outside the cage.

The guy has made himself look like a fool this tail end of his career, it's pretty sad.

Tony_Ferguson_Mexico_City.jpg

chris-weidman.jpg
as far as how they act, tony is way worse. people just excuse it because he has mental problems or something.

Tony

But if it’s a fall from grace or relative peaks. The Chris went from goat MW and fav to eBay Jon jones to well a guy on a very bad run. Tony was never a defending champ

I think Jones is more of a calculated psychopath and will never find himself in big troubles.

Tony on the other hand.. he always looks on the verge of doing something that would put him away for a good time. Hope he gets better.
"calculated psychopath"....the dude is a dumbass just because he is softspoken compared to the rest of the fighters doesn't make him smart, just take a look at the negro pants clip of his....if he was running some undercover illegal organization, i could get onboard with him being a calculated psychopath. but yeah, jones would be gone for quite sometime if he wasn't a walking piggy bank for dana and arguably the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

tony on the other hand is crazy, sure....but I still think he's alright guy until I am shown otherwise...i don't think his mental illness makes him destined to be menace to society.

Tony

Weidman had more competitive losses.
Lost to Luke, Yoel, Jacare Mousasi... all three were champion (champion material) level fighters.
The fights were pretty competitive. He was finished, but it wasn't a beatdown from start to finish.
Reyes was much bigger than him and yeah, that ended quickly.
An injury vs Hall.
And Tavares who dominated him.

But Tony lost to Bobby, Paddy & old Nate.
Got completely dominated by Charles, Dariush, Gaethje.
And KTFO by Chandler... yeah, Tony won the first round.

Chris Weidman can at least stand his ground and pose some sort of a threat for a round. Whereas Tony looks like an injured animal with its back against the wall and trying to survive.

On the other hand like another poster said Chris Weidman had a better peak and career as champion. So technically the Chris has fallen harder from the top.

I guess in this challenge nobody is a winner.
it’s hard to compare career falls from people with completely different careers. maybe it would be better to compare chris with cody.

ts just made this thread to show us teh chris handsome face
brother just admit it

Reactions: mkt
0-7 compared to 3-4 in your last 7 fights? Tony and it's not even close. BJ Penn is the only notable fighter that went 0-7 at the end of his career in the UFC. To be fair, though, two of those losses were to prime Nick Diaz and Rory at WW...and BJ was a mid-sized FW at best. I think Tony's slide has been worse than BJ's...and he'll make it officially worse if he fights and loses one more time.

What makes it worse is that Ferguson will continue to get beaten …

Tony

Weidman had more competitive losses.
Lost to Luke, Yoel, Jacare Mousasi... all three were champion (champion material) level fighters.
The fights were pretty competitive. He was finished, but it wasn't a beatdown from start to finish.
Reyes was much bigger than him and yeah, that ended quickly.
An injury vs Hall.
And Tavares who dominated him.

But Tony lost to Bobby, Paddy & old Nate.
Got completely dominated by Charles, Dariush, Gaethje.
And KTFO by Chandler... yeah, Tony won the first round.
Yeah, I think Tony has only won 1 round (the first against Chandler) in his last 7 fights. That may be a record in and of itself.

Tony easily. 0-7 and getting finished by mid tier fighters and not looking even remotely capable of anything. Chris is at least still in the fight.

Back