Media Chris Weidman's finish (technical decision win) GIFS

The Chris is not Sherdogs boy anymore? Damn

So many unappreciative fans here. The dude trained 16 weeks to prefect this eyepoke combo

Yeah bud your wrong but thanks for taking the time to write a pointless argument
"nuh uh you're wrong, kthnxbye"

Come on, if you aren't going to say anything at all in a reply, why even reply? You can have your opinion regardless of facts, you don't need to hide anything.

I mean the ref warned Weidman more than once about the pokes and even asked Weidman not to extend his fingers not long before the final two eyepokes…

I think if the ref called it a DQ, Weidman wouldn’t really have much of an argument.

In the fantasy land that lives in your head - yes.

In linear reality where the commission doesn't work that way, what happens is they reviewed the footage and revoked the TKO. Since the fight was already stopped, they had to score it a decision up to that point. Chris thus won by decision.

It is unfortunate and I think its a bummer this happened. I've been watching MMA for 20 years and had no idea that foul happened in real time watching the broadcast in HD, particularly because Bruno CRUMPLED TO THE GROUND like he got dropped. I don't think its reasonable to blame the referee.

Unfortunate sequence of events. Chris doesn't have a history of fouling despite a long body of work. He won the first two rounds and most of the third, so even with a point deduction he still wins this fight.
Nothing you said removes the option for a DQ. It was 4 eyepokes, which he just received a hard warning for, due to his outstretched fingers, which he had almost immediately precedingly received another verbal warning for. And the ref is absolutely able to be blamed considering they can review it, which they didn't prior to the initial announcement

Yeah it sucks. But the guy lunged out him. Definitely a bad habit for Weidman to react like that thought but it was split second. Unlike Jones who keep his hands and fingers out at all times.

The funny thing is Weidman can see all these gifs.

Realtime, seconds after the fight, he was making an ass of himself and everyone could see the replays. It was bizarre.

Postfight, these gifs are never going away, and Weidman is still saying stupid shit, and he will never do the right thing. Tells you all you need to know about Weidman.

I don't even know what the right thing would be. At a minimum, he should at least admit that he eye-poked the guy 4 times and should have been DQ'd.

What's sad: without the eye pokes, Weidman did pretty good. He rocked Silva good a couple of times.

We need refs who tell fighters to close their hands when reaching like that, and then dock points if they don't.

If UFC doesn't do something about this joke, it will damage the promotion.

Weird night, weird card.

The funny thing is Weidman can see all these gifs.

Realtime, seconds after the fight, he was making an ass of himself and everyone could see the replays. It was bizarre.

Postfight, these gifs are never going away, and Weidman is still saying stupid shit, and he will never do the right thing. Tells you all you need to know about Weidman.

I don't even know what the right thing would be. At a minimum, he should at least admit that he eye-poked the guy 4 times and should have been DQ'd.

What's sad: without the eye pokes, Weidman did pretty good. He rocked Silva good a couple of times.

We need refs who tell fighters to close their hands when reaching like that, and then dock points if they don't.

If UFC doesn't do something about this joke, it will damage the promotion.

Weird night, weird card.
He was warned multiple times and didn’t stop, it was completely on the ref to stop but twice tonight the referee did nothing. The fight before had the same problem.

Typical Weidman celebrating a ”win” like that, dirty fighter.

Back