Chute Boxe vs. BTT: The Nine Chapters of The Greatest Rivalry in MMA History

What!? Only if you try to rewrite history to conform to today's pansy standards or never witnessed it. Team Hammer House, Coleman, Kerr, Randleman, Baroni defined wrestling as a dominant force in combat sports that continues today.

I wtinessed it live and in living colour, my friend. i WAs referring to the fact that Hammer House really consisted of Coleman and Randleman and the U's wrestling room/Coleman's backyard. There never was a Hammer House gym, per se like there was a Team Quest, BTT, etc. Baroni goes into quite a bit of detail about this in one of his older interviews. Chael Sonnen too.

Mind you, it's not like those guys are the most standup trustworthy dudes, but they did have insider knowledge.

Prime Gomi battering all of chute box was great too
He didnt really "batter all of chute boxe" tho. He was gettin his ass kicked by Azeredo till he managed to win,and he was so gotten to by the fight that he kept hitting him after he was unconcious. He didnt exactly look great beating the FW White bear either.

Thats like two guys.

in pride backstage, arona said he was just sittin in the lunchroom eatin. Wanderlei comes in, starts arguing about something and ends up throwing plates everywhere

we need prime wanderlei back

Arona said he went to greet Wanderlei,and Wanderlei basically said that "im not your fuckin friend!" (cos they are on rival teams) and then threw some plates.

Wanderlei later confirmed that story,and admitted he himself was the asshole in that situation "but,oh well!"

Would've liked to have seen Arona cross over to the UFC.

His career ended very unceremoniously considering he was a top 5 staple for a long ass time.

Yeah, RIcardo Hormona was a beast and would have done well in UFC

then later, Mark Coleman breaks Shogun's arm, and hammerhouse and Chute Boxe storm the ring in a brawl. Later that night backstage footage, Coleman mentioned that he saw Wanderlei's juicy neck sticking out there amongst the pile of humanity, and delighted as he recalled the moment when he stepped on wanderlei's neck. The circle is complete.

PRIDE 4EVER

Pride forever!

I wtinessed it live and in living colour, my friend. i WAs referring to the fact that Hammer House really consisted of Coleman and Randleman and the U's wrestling room/Coleman's backyard. There never was a Hammer House gym, per se like there was a Team Quest, BTT, etc. Baroni goes into quite a bit of detail about this in one of his older interviews. Chael Sonnen too.

Mind you, it's not like those guys are the most standup trustworthy dudes, but they did have insider knowledge.

Nah bro, Kerr and Baroni were the heart of Hammer House before Randleman was brought in. Not having gyms named Hammer House, may have been a missed business opportunity but doesn't diminish their impact on the sport, but yea Baroni has put a major stain on that legacy.

If you haven't watched "The Smashing Machine" documentary on Mark Kerr's life during that time. I highly recommend it.

Nah bro, Kerr and Baroni were the heart of Hammer House before Randleman was brought in. Not having gyms named Hammer House, may have been a missed business opportunity but doesn't diminish their impact on the sport, but yea Baroni has put a major stain on that legacy.

If you haven't watched "The Smashing Machine" documentary on Mark Kerr's life during that time. I highly recommend it.
Kerr and Baroni, I don't think so.

Coleman and Kev are the heart and sole of HH

The quality of Sherdog's content has taken a sharp spike upwards over the last year or so. You guys have done a good job. Thanks.

then later, Mark Coleman breaks Shogun's arm, and hammerhouse and Chute Boxe storm the ring in a brawl. Later that night backstage footage, Coleman mentioned that he saw Wanderlei's juicy neck sticking out there amongst the pile of humanity, and delighted as he recalled the moment when he stepped on wanderlei's neck. The circle is complete.

PRIDE 4EVER

The most roided Coleman has ever been. He was borderline insane.

The feud between Brazilian Top Team and Chute Boxe went on for years, elevating Pride Fighting Championships and providing some of its most indelible fights.

This is the story of MMA's greatest team rivalry, in nine chapters representing the moments that defined "Chute Boxe x BTT," told by the fighters and coaches who were there: Ricardo Arona, Wanderlei Silva, Rudimar Fedrigo, Murilo Bustamante, Mauricio Rua, Jose Landi-Jons, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Paulo Filho and Mario Sperry.

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/misc...-of-The-Greatest-Rivalry-in-MMA-History-19947

that was absolutely great. too bad these rivalries do not happen anymore

What the hell are you talking about? Baroni was gym jumping for about 7 years till he settled with HH; he was a major late arrival. Kerr trained with Coleman sporadically but he was predominantly based out of the West Coast and then Arizona when he lost his edge. Tom Erikson definitely worked with HH too at various points in his career.

But to say anyone other than Randleman and Coleman together were the heart of HH makes absolutely zero sense in any way. Randleman entered MMA in 1996 because Mark called him up and got him in some tourneys out in Brazil. He was with Coleman from his debut in the 90's till he retired. Coleman and Randleman were the Hammer House, insofar as it ever existed, and everyone else was just passing through. The fact that you don't know that and think that Phil Baroni was around long before Kev has me questioning how much you really know about the sport. If you were around back in the day you would realize how wrong that statement is.

Back