Ciryl Gane last 9 opponents have the combined record of 107-33 before they fought him.

MMA isn't kickboxing.
Kickboxing isn't MMA.

tenor.gif

Y'all are talking like you don't know that an elite heavyweight vs an elite heavyweight is always a complete toss up. There ain't no favorites. Shit happens fast and then it's over.

Like my man Rich Franklin said: "Somebody's gonna get clipped!"

I’m having a hard time seeing Gane making any dumb mistakes for this fight. He’s not going to shoot for a clumsy TD like Blaydes did and he’s already the faster, more agile man compared to both fighters.

BB getting the KO would be great to see and cause quite the hilarious clusterfuck in the division, but I feel like BB’s winning streak ends here. This is coming from someone who’s not particularly high on Gane.

Ngannou would absolutely smoke gane

It's one thing to throw leg kicks against Volkov. Good luck doing that when an 18 wheeler is steamrolling your ass

Define "elite"? Ranked top 20 in the world? I'd say that is elite. Not sure what you're trying to say here.

I'd agree I just had another a discussion with another poster who seems to think that unless you are on the cusp of being goat you are not elite.

Guy tried to make the argument that Chris Weidman was not an elite fighter.

Real killer.

boi_boi.jpg
He actually was a very solid and dangerous fighter.
Dyczka was the best Canadian prospect, 1 fight away from signing to the UFC.
He was 8-0, with 8 KO/TKOs, 6 of them in the first round.

After taking a horrible beat down by Gane, he went in depression for a year. He changed career and is now 3-0 in pro boxing.

Gane fought him just 8 months after starting training MMA.

I'd agree I just had another a discussion with another poster who seems to think that unless you are on the cusp of being goat you are not elite.

Guy tried to make the argument that Chris Weidman was not an elite fighter.
Sherdog logic.
rickybobby-2.jpg

MMA isn't kickboxing.
the problem with Lewis is he's not going in there to grapple...he comes in trying to knock people's head off...If he does hit Cyril I think it will be over, the question is, will he be able to hit him? Cyril is very technical and doesn't really brawl...

Using this super sound logic, Gane is actually a bum since his opponents have a 13-12 record in their last 5

I want to know who's prior opponents have the combined record of 420-69.

mad momentum, even though he had fights in kickboxing, its not like with adesanya that had a billion of them before mma

Back