• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ciryl Gane responds to Tom Aspinall's callout: 'Careful what you wish for' #UFCLondon

Winner

• Total voters
tomaspinall-tom.gif

Aspinall would smash Gane imo. Either rebook the Blaydes fight or give him Pavlovich. Gane should be nowhere near a title shot.

Isn't Gane fighting Spivak? Which I think is perfect matchmaking. And Blaydes is fighting Jailton? Which again, I think is great matchmaking. Sergei should get a title shot, no point having Sergei and Aspinall derail eachother. Set Tom up with either the winner of Gane vs Spivak or Jailton vs Blaydes depending on a few factors. Sergei should fight the winner of Stipe vs Jones.

Gane typically has great footwork; and can piece Aspinall up from the outside.
If Aspinall can get inside, *he shouldn’t have too much trouble getting him to the ground where Tom would most likely end the fight.

My concern about Tom would be that he’d ** very likely over penetrate on a long head kick or something and run right into a counter 2 with his hands down.

Last edited:
Gane typically has great footwork; and can piece Aspinall up from the outside.
If Aspinall can get inside, I’ve shouldn’t have too much trouble getting him to the ground where Tom would most likely end the fight.

My concern about Tom would be that he’d ll very likely over penetrate on a long head kick or something and run right into a counter 2 with his hands down.
Did you see the Arlovski fight? He's railroading Gane if he wants the takedown

Did you see the Arlovski fight? He's railroading Gane if he wants the takedown

Arkovski’s nowhere near as light on his fight as Gane is.
That said, you may’ve misunderstood my comment.
My concerns (if I’m in Tom’s corner) would be his distance management and his tendency to drop his hands in boxing range.
Gane use angles quite well to *stay out of trouble.
It comes down to whether or not he can stay on the outside of the Brit long enough to stop Aspinall’s forward momentum.
If he can’t, and Tom gets in on a clinch, Gane’s F’d.
Keep in mind that this is assuming that Aspinall doesn’t continue to improve (distance management was much better tonight) at the same rate (because even if Gane continues to angle off and counter well,) then it’ll be less effective since Tom would be overextending significantly less ** if at all in general.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amaralsyed
Back