Classic Doom 1 & 2 chat

Full size image of the title screen:

wo0egbb.jpg

Wait, does it get harder as you go down in difficulty? Your footage made it look like ITYTD was full of nothing but Archviles.

I'm getting feedback that medium might be harder than UV. But beginner is 3 archies and a plasma gun, so maybe the hardest moment, not hardest setting overall - there's barrels and pillars and this can be defeated with strategy - or a few tries - but no biggie dying at the start eh haha

I just played the most ridiculous map ever - absurdly difficult in it's monster placement - what a THRILL

I was replaying Doom 2 a couple weeks ago, doing it on UV for the first time. I played through it on normal last year some time and remembered very little about the levels. I've got to say, that level with the barrels is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever played. I didn't remember it being that bad on normal, but on UV it was an obnoxious chore. I guess it's cute enough for a standalone conceptual level, but completely out of place in a campaign.

I was replaying Doom 2 a couple weeks ago, doing it on UV for the first time. I played through it on normal last year some time and remembered very little about the levels. I've got to say, that level with the barrels is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever played. I didn't remember it being that bad on normal, but on UV it was an obnoxious chore. I guess it's cute enough for a standalone conceptual level, but completely out of place in a campaign.

Barrels o fun

Yeah early last year I set out on a campaign to beat them all with UV pistol start

That and "the pit" give me the hardest time

Not only because of the barrels but those pain in the ass pain elementals

Here's a video I did anyway before I started doing commentary playthroughs of custom maps

It took me a bunch of attempts

Barrels o fun

Yeah early last year I set out on a campaign to beat them all with UV pistol start

That and "the pit" give me the hardest time

Not only because of the barrels but those pain in the ass pain elementals

Here's a video I did anyway before I started doing commentary playthroughs of custom maps

It took me a bunch of attempts

I tried it a half dozen times with different strats to try and keep damage to a minimum before saying "fuck this" and whipping out the BFG and going ham. Though that's not really an option on pistol start :D. I also strongly disliked MAP22: The Catacombs. It's too reliant on finding the two secrets in the starting room before you go up the elevator and get ambushed by the chaingunners.

I'm currently on The Chasm and completely lost. Taking a break right now, hopefully going back with fresh eyes will keep me from running in circles again.

I tried it a half dozen times with different strats to try and keep damage to a minimum before saying "fuck this" and whipping out the BFG and going ham. Though that's not really an option on pistol start :D. I also strongly disliked MAP22: The Catacombs. It's too reliant on finding the two secrets in the starting room before you go up the elevator and get ambushed by the chaingunners.

I'm currently on The Chasm and completely lost. Taking a break right now, hopefully going back with fresh eyes will keep me from running in circles again.
Chasm sux. I don't like platforming or walking on very thin tightropes. When I play Doom I just want to shoot things in the face

I don’t like the Chasm. I find it an even worse gimmicky map than Barrels o’ Fun, having to walk along these narrows beams or fall into toxic sludge. Dumb.

Nice to talk to fellow chasm haters. Ppl defend that shit

Back