News Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen added to August 21 FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yikes, i mean even at this point in his career guida could still out grapple many guys in the lightweight division. But this guy is clearly another caliber. Should be interesting

I don't like this at all - Clay needs to retire, he's given us enough wars to watch.

Reasonably closely matched fight.

Madsen has mad skills but if the carpenter can set a pace and make it messy then we haven’t seen anyone put that on Mark yet so it will be a good test.

Hopefully Madsen doesn’t just blitz him in the first few minutes and gets to answer some questions.

https://mmadna.nl/clay-guida-krijgt-ongeslagen-olympier-mark-o-madsen-tegenover-zich-op-21-augustus/

SIR

Dutch (Marcel Dorff) to English translation

Clay Guida will appear in the UFC for the 31st time. The American will face unbeaten Dane Mark O. Madsen in the Lightweight division. Madsen is a silver medalist in the 2014 Rio de Janeiro Olympics in the Greco-Roman wrestling discipline. Both men meet at an unknown location on August 21.

Often wondered this when I've seen it on Sherdog; What does SIR mean at the start of your thread?

On topic; Clay could be a nightmare for this guy. The experience levels are vastly different

he wanted to fight a prospect, he called for one after beating Micahel Johnson.
I get that but I wouldn't expect any different from an MMA fighter. That doesn't change the fact he has alot of wear on his body/brain. If he can't realize that than the UFC should and do whats best. I don't want to see Clay with severe CTE. He's given the fans alot. Now it's time for him to enjoy his life.

I get that but I wouldn't expect any different from an MMA fighter. That doesn't change the fact he has alot of wear on his body/brain. If he can't realize that than the UFC should and do whats best. I don't want to see Clay with severe CTE. He's given the fans alot. Now it's time for him to enjoy his life.
idk man he I got to meet him and his parents a few years ago when he fought Erik Koch and he was still in great shape running a few miles around the city and stuff. Even though he's a bit older since then his style has done a good job at limiting the damage he takes. Im honestly interested in seeing if he can handle a few more prospects, all you ever need in this sport is a good string of wins maybe he can work his way back to a top 10 guy then call it quits.

idk man he I got to meet him and his parents a few years ago when he fought Erik Koch and he was still in great shape running a few miles around the city and stuff. Even though he's a bit older since then his style has done a good job at limiting the damage he takes. Im honestly interested in seeing if he can handle a few more prospects, all you ever need in this sport is a good string of wins maybe he can work his way back to a top 10 guy then call it quits.
That's cool that you got to meet him! hopefully you're right on him being in good shape. I've always enjoyed watching him and the energy he brings.

Clay Guida tries to wrestlefuck everybody. Does he really get hit that much?

I'm just looking forward to seeing him try and wrestlefuck an Olympic silver medallist.

Although he might try the same style he did against Gray Maynard god forbid.

Madson gassed badly in his last fight and may have a very suspect chin. Unless he blow Clay straight out the water this may be more evenly matched than it has any right to be

Not good for Guida. Madsen is probably the strongest lightweight ever, and his wrestling is just brutal. He also has Tony Ferguson level grit, and finished his last fight with a broken jaw... The motivation on this guy is something else....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back