Television COBRA KAI (New Season 4 Promo; Returns Dec. 31, 2021)

They are saying someone will die this season. I was thinking it might be Kreese but he is integral to the series.

I really liked the coach's moment in the KK3 finale:

When I first saw it, I got goosebumps when Miyagi yells, "It's OK lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!" That's like the rallying cry for every kid who's competed and been overmatched in any combat sport ever.

Didn't know Aisha was out and that's disappointing. As you say she was part of the positive spin of Cobra Kai and physically, she was the only girl who could believably beat up teenage boys.

Disagree about Kyler however. While I agree that Cobra Kai is far from "SJW trash," (it's actually irreverent which I dig), I thought the Kyler character was an instance of SJW miscasting. Clearly they were going for an Asian bully lothario to flip the script, which is fine. But the kid they cast isn't intimidating enough to be a convincing bully, and he's neither good looking nor smooth enough to be convincing as a heel boyfriend that Sam would be into and that Miguel would be jealous of.

Re. Terry Silver, he's the GOAT unintentionally awesome movie villain. If they bring him back and I really hope they do, he better still be CEO of Dynatox Industries and brokering illegal foxic waste dumping deals from the comfort of his hot tub while smoking a cigar. That is, when he's not telegraphing the roundhouse KO'ing sparring partners at will in his Beverly Hills mansion. Asssaaaaahh!!!

Wheel kick actually. I hope Kreese references that if Silver comes back.

Im enjoying this new season. Im not saying Tori's boobs look bigger, but they do.
2009 join date.... you might wanna let the paint dry on that one...

2009 join date.... you might wanna let the paint dry on that one...
You are going to have to help me out here? No idea, (apart from the 2009 join date as this is correct), what you are trying to say.

You are going to have to help me out here? No idea, (apart from the 2009 join date as this is correct), what you are trying to say.
He just razzing ya, meaning she's a little young, and fresh. Let the paint dry a bit first

She is 22.
Well the actress is 22, her character is in high school. I'm just explaining the reference, and like I said, he was just razzing you, not I

Well the actress is 22, her character is in high school. I'm just explaining the reference, and like I said, he was just razzing you, not I
You are all good my man. I will also add the Elizabeth Shue still looks good too.

You are all good my man. I will also add the Elizabeth Shue still looks good too.
I agree both on Shue, and Tori. Larusso’s wife too, who played Sheldon’s sister in Big Bang Theory

RB-COMP-BBT-TWIN.jpg

I really liked Vision Quest, but I thought it was kind of weird Modine had to cut so much weight when the guy he was going to fight looked so much bigger than him.
Lmao that stood out to me when I last watched it. Not even like the guy had more than a line or two, goofy but not enough to ruin the movie.

Off the top of my head, I guess Slater from Saved by the Bell and Emilio Estevez from Breakfast Club were also good guy wrestlers but even then, they were pushed in the sport by their abusive dads. So even if the wrestler is a good guy, they're portrayed with dysfunctional norms. LOL in Vision Quest, the only movie ever about HS wrestling, the hero dangerously cuts to 2% bf LMAO, his best friend on the team is beaten by his dad and the antagonist (another wrestler) does stadium bleachers with a telephone pole on his back.
How can you forget the Disney classic Going to the Mat where the blind rookie wrestler learns to slam fuckers by ballroom dancing with his girlfriend?!
scale

OK, I just finished binging the new season. I’ve never been happier that January 1st is a non-work holiday over here.

• Getting the backstory on Kreese was interesting. They really threw me for a curve with the fake out on the first flashback to 1965 because the asshole jock looked so much like Kreese. I checked and it turns out the jock was played by Martin Kove’s son. Sneaky bastards.
  • My hat’s off to the wardrobe department. The pushup bras they put in every single one of Tory’s outfits were much appreciated.
  • Chozen trolling Daniel was a delight.
  • Kreese is one of those love-to-hate villains. The way he kept playing the victim and pulling the humble, honored to serve veteran schtick was both brilliant and infuriating.
  • The school counselor is way too stupid to be believable.
  • Sorry to see Aisha go, but the cast is too big as it is. It needed streamlining.

How can you forget the Disney classic Going to the Mat where the blind rookie wrestler learns to slam fuckers by ballroom dancing with his girlfriend?!
scale

Never heard of it, but your description sounds like a headline from The Onion. Is it actually any good?

Back