Coffee breaks

It did/has. I started with 16/8 and subsequently experimented with water fasts of up to 7-days, weekly 36-hour fasts for ~2 years straight, and various other protocols along the way.
Long story short I'm doing pretty well compared to most men my age, and I have to think fasting has been a key factor in that.
Thanks dude.

Right on. I had to stop fasting pretty much due to work. The mood imbalance I would get just wasn't meshing with high stress IT environments. Some days I could hang, others I just couldn't and I've lost my temper a few too many times.

Right on. I had to stop fasting pretty much due to work. The mood imbalance I would get just wasn't meshing with high stress IT environments. Some days I could hang, others I just couldn't and I've lost my temper a few too many times.
Ha, I work in IT too.
CTO/architecture/consultancy primarily so whilst it can be very stressful at times, it's not the shit hitting the fan type of stress you get at the coal-face in support or engineering (for example).

Ha, I work in IT too.
CTO/architecture/consultancy primarily so whilst it can be very stressful at times, it's not the shit hitting the fan type of stress you get at the coal-face in support or engineering (for example).

At the time I was in prod support (would be called devops now), so, ya.

I've been drinking it consistently for +10 years. If I could skip it I'd quit it and just would use it as stimulans Sup like 1x a week before a important workout like sparing..

I can quit it but don't wanna go Trough the withdrawal. I personally get sluggishness and negative mood as withdrawal. Just got off cigarettes probably gonna quit coffee some time too. Why not. Have it 1x a week would be more powerful.

This way till I have my first coffee of the day I feel weak.

I eat one meal a day, and technically it’s not really OMAD if I have a few coffees with dash a milk throughout the day but I don’t care, I still get great results. I recommend having coffees to anyone that wants to do OMAD but finds OMAD boring or a little difficult.

Quitting caffeine is one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself

I used to do that.

The part about sensitivity is true. You can take a break for whatever timeframe is appropriate, and the first cup of coffee you'll have when it's over will make you feel amazing.

I never drink coffee to feel more "awake" or more focused, I do it as a morning ritual and I have one more cup during the midday break... I prefer black coffee with no sugar or milk, as those often make me feel bloated. While it does help when working out - or was it just placebo?- I'm sure that having something like a green apple in the morning works much better for my energy levels overall

Do any fellow coffee drinkers take breaks sometimes? Oh man, my head is thumping.

Decided to take a break for a few reasons.
1. Most obvious reason, to lower my tolerance and increase my sensitivity.
2. I feel like maybe my electrolytes are a little imbalanced or low. I've been working out a lot and have good lift #s (for me), but I felt like I almost cramped a couple different times recently.
3. This old Romanian man who used to work for me told me that coffee and chocolate both can be stressful on the kidney and liver if you consume them too often and that it's wise to take breaks to allow them to heal and flush out. Has anyone else heard of that?

I felt like I should skip the coffee today but it's been rough. I didn't realize how dependent I am.

Caffeine is a powerful drug. Congrats on your cutting it out or lowering intake. I've been off it for 8 months. I miss my French press coffee. It's lowered my stress, my sleep has improved, and I'm saving money. It's better for dental hygiene.

My reasoning is purely for health purposes. No energy drinks or pre workout exercise drinks. Nothing with caffeine in it.

Family sues Red Bull for $85million after father-of-one drank soft drink and died of a heart attack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ather-drank-soft-drink-died-heart-attack.html

85 mill <Lmaoo>I suspect that some are predisposed be it coffee, energy drinks or experimental drugs. Genetic predisposition is nonmodifiable. Lifestyle factors contribute to switching on these genes. I think adults are responsible for their choices assuming no coercion *cough*cough* !!!

Keep me posted on your progress bruh.

Back