Social Coke urges employees to be "less white" through diversity training

Oh, I thought it was asking their WHITE employees to be more race neutral. To assimilate into a race neutral Coca Cola culture. I can see how we might have reached different conclusions.

I fixed it for you. Now replace white with Black, Latino, or Asian... never mind... Asians need to be discriminated against too. AMIRITE?

Would you find it acceptable if a billon dollar company told black, brown people to be less black and brown?
But they do, just less directly. It's never bothered me. You need to appeal to your customer base so adopt dress codes and behaviors that make it easier to fit in.

I think that's a common corporate message.

I fixed it for you. Now replace white with Black, Latino, or Asian... never mind... Asians need to be discriminated against too. AMIRITE?
No, you're not right. Also, I think you spelled right wrong.

I thought the big message was about learning to assimilate. My apologies, I can see how telling people to fit into a larger, less racially defined sense of identity, might be offensive to people. ;)

The craziest part about this shit is that if you see some of the pamphlets on characteristics of whiteness, they are the most racist thing you've ever seen, to anyone who is NOT white.

Hard work
Being on time,
The scientific method
Family
Etc

Could you imagine how pathetically retarded you have to be to think that correct answers and science, are white supremacy...

But they do, just less directly. It's never bothered me. You need to appeal to your customer base so adopt dress codes and behaviors that make it easier to fit in.

I think that's a common corporate message.
Dress codes and telling people to behave a certain way on company property is not telling them to be less of their race.

How is whiteness, ascribed only to people who have white skin, not a skin colour?
Maybe they're talking about culture? Like white culture, black culture, etc.

I've been told that talking about the problems with "black culture' isn't racist. So, I hope you can see my confusion.

They've made statements on it. So yeah. It's real. They are denying it, but are also saying that they are open to feedback...
By real I should have said that they didn't put together that training. It was supposedly off of some LinkedIn learning module. Sure, they dont seem to distance themselves from it cause optics are a tricky thing. But they know better than open themselves to lawsuits. I bet they'll still get sued.

If anything, this type of thing just makes the person that created it look stupid. I think most rational people realize that combating preconceived prejudice against one group of people isn't accomplished by employing preconceived prejudice against another group of people.

Dress codes and telling people to behave a certain way on company property is not telling them to be less of their race.
I can understand how that might be confusing. Lot of gray area here, it would seem. I've frequently read things about certain dress styles being more attributable to certain groups than others or other behaviors and choices. I might have accidentally applied that here. Genuine mistake on my part.

This thread reminds me of a joke - How does a lawyer sleep at night?

First he lies on his left, then he lies on his right.

Some of those 'be less' things are not a problem really, but what's bizarre about it is that it's working on the assumption that there are no ignorant, arrogant black people on the planet?

Have these imbeciles ever heard of sports stars or musicians? Have they not seen that absolute prick having a 100k diamond implanted in his forehead? And that's just one example of a complete prick who happens to be a POC.

There's nothign wrong with white people being told to be less arrogant, for example, as long as the 'lecturer' acknowledges that non-whites can be equally arrogant........but apparently they're 'ignorant' to that, themselves. Which would make sense, because they're probably white themselves and need to be 'less ignorant'.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/coca-cola-training-be-less-white
https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/coca-cola-diversity-training-urged-workers-to-be-less-white/
https://headlineusa.com/be-less-white-coca-cola-training/

EumL7vyWgAogGfQ
EumL89pXcAEKT8_
EumL6uhXcAA6j4q
EumL8YXWQAEzLHd

Nobody talking about this?

Can't think of any possible way this is good. Coke is denying it. The screenshots have Coke's logo/water marks.

Biden's America! We voted this nonsense in. Enjoy racial division!
In before, “this is just some fringe idea... why so butt hurt?” NVM, too late.

By real I should have said that they didn't put together that training. It was supposedly off of some LinkedIn learning module. Sure, they dont seem to distance themselves from it cause optics are a tricky thing. But they know better than open themselves to lawsuits. I bet they'll still get sued.

If anything, this type of thing just makes the person that created it look stupid. I think most rational people realize that combating preconceived prejudice against one group of people isn't accomplished by employing preconceived prejudice against another group of people.

While you are correct, I don't think you've been paying much attention to the growing social acceptance of vilifying white people specifically.

Show me the white Detroit.
Seems like a weird segue...what does white Detroit have to do with anything? Wait...

Are you going to hold up some image of black Detroit as being in dire straits as an indication that black Detroit does things worse than white Detroit? Thus supporting the argument that cultural differences yield different outcomes? Then after making this race based cultural argument, you're going to be upset about Coca Cola doing something similar within their own organization?

Nah, that would be so tone deaf that no one would do it so...

What does white Detroit have to do with anything?

Back