• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Colby Covington wants to fight Charles Oliveira, says he has "better jiu-jitsu"

Colby is just looking for a headline fight. I don't think he is willing to entertain contenders.

I've been calling for this fight since Colby lost to Leon. I think it's a great fight for both but Oliveira is so much more dangerous, I think he taps Colby.

I know it doesn't make sense but I want it to happen just so I can take credit for manifesting it lol

Colby claiming to have better BJJ than Oliveira isn't even on brand for his character.
It is 100% on Brand. Its a complete bold faced lie that he knows is false but says with a straight face. I would be on board with this fight if they do it at LW. Colby needs to get ignored by everyone in and around MMA. Begs for a fight with the legit #1 contender to try and get another undeserved title shot and then begs to fight a FW/LW. All after refusing a fight with an actual WW that is primarily a striker. Best style he can hope for but since he doesn't have a size advantage to boost his EPO-style wrestle-aerobics he runs away.

Colby would get massacred here.

Colby would get massacred here.

Not picking a winner but Colby does have a good chin and obviously still decent wrestling despite clearly being on the decline. Not hard to see him possibly having success lay and praying Oliveira to a snoozer decision given how content Oliveira is to try to win off his back.

Colby thinks he will out jiujitsu Oliviera like what Matt Hughes did to Royce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipilica
Back